• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Huh? Is the security contract so strict that you can't even say "I was impressed with what they showed us?"

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Huh? Is the security contract so strict that you can't even say "I was impressed with what they showed us?"
Watch it.....there will be a ninja in the bushes when you get home tonight....I just would not talk about something like that, you leave yourself open to accusation by bringing it up.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Wow, what an egregious abuse of the system.

If I remember correctly it was an interim secret for that brief. Some of the stuff they told us was pretty neat but it also covered a some of the stuff you would hear if you actually went to nuke school as well.

I believe you can't get an interim Top Secret unless you're in or going to a job requiring one and currently being investigated for said clearance.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

No, it was the fact they gave them a brief on classified stuff by reading them in and out in just the span of a few hours at most. Security cearances are granted after a check for a reason, even Secret ones. It was a probably illeagal way to bypass the system that is in place to prevent security violations and maintaining the nations secrets. That is my problem with it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If I remember correctly it was an interim secret for that brief. Some of the stuff they told us was pretty neat but it also covered a some of the stuff you would hear if you actually went to nuke school as well.

I believe you can't get an interim Top Secret unless you're in or going to a job requiring one and currently being investigated for said clearance.

Stuff dealing with subs is some of the most sensitive stuff I have ver dealt with, I am disappointed they would take that secrecy it so lightly. Secret or Top Secret.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
No, it was the fact they gave them a brief on classified stuff by reading them in and out in just the span of a few hours at most. Security cearances are granted after a check for a reason, even Secret ones. It was a probably illeagal way to bypass the system that is in place to prevent security violations and maintaining the nations secrets. That is my problem with it.

Ditto. I'm sorry if they need to use dubious methods like in order to recruit bubbleheads, but that is unsat. Take this with a grain of salt, we don't know exactly what was briefed, what forms were filled out, etc, etc, but it doesn't sound right.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Well...just for some perspective...When sub briefs were given at my unit, there was an Unclass brief which all the Mids could attend and then a secret (NEVER TS) which only mids who had already gotten clearances could attend.

I gave/assisted with several of the briefs and can assure you that every bubblehead I dealt with in this process was concerned with keeping quiet what should be.

The Academy brief sounds like a travesty...another case of someone bending over backwards to "make it special" for the Boat School.

No offense meant Boat Schoolers...;)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well...just for some perspective...When sub briefs were given at my unit, there was an Unclass brief which all the Mids could attend and then a secret (NEVER TS) which only mids who had already gotten clearances could attend.

I gave/assisted with several of the briefs and can assure you that every bubblehead I dealt with in this process was concerned with keeping quiet what should be.

The Academy brief sounds like a travesty...another case of someone bending over backwards to "make it special" for the Boat School.

No offense meant Boat Schoolers...;)

And that is the way it should be done.......

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
If it's the same brief I had when I was there it wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme, but in principle (protecting secret stuff) I agree it isn't right. Mine was secret though, not TS.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Well, we are all in agreement about how screwed up it might have been. And now we should drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.