• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goob83

None
really does not matter cause when it comes down to it there are more airplanes at the bottom of the ocean than submarines.

think about it?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I got depth charged once....course it had nothing to do with explosions...wait....ahem...nevermind. ;)

really does not matter cause when it comes down to it there are more airplanes at the bottom of the ocean than submarines.

think about it?

We did...the real question is...did you???

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor

think about it?

Yeah, but subs will never get to fly in the air, and that's the rub.

Nose

pilot
Ok, so I was supposed to take the VIP trip this week. My paperwork would subsequently be submitted on Monday, and all would be happy. Exceeeept that even though I submitted everything for the trip 3 weeks ago, they were unable to clear the funding until this morning. Needless to say, they couldn't book a flight for me.

Wow, admin people screwed up your orders/pay/travel calim/re-enlistment/retirement?

THAT is a better introduction to the real Navy than 30 days on a sub. Welcome, my boy.

Nose

cisforsmasher

pilot
i believe the term i herd was, "Hide with pride".

sounds like something else the submarine world is famous for

close-up-of-a-mid-adult-man-with-hi.jpg
close-up-of-a-mid-adult-man-with-his-hand-on-his-forehead-%7E-gwp105033.jpg

but in all honesty, the ssns have some pretty bad ass missions that they arent really allowed to talk about. We got a brief at the academy about subs that we had to sign a waiver for Top Secret clearance at the top and the bottom of the sheet was something relinquishing said TS clearance stating that we would never talk about what we saw in there to other people. I was very impressed with what they showed us.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
but in all honesty, the ssns have some pretty bad ass missions that they arent really allowed to talk about. We got a brief at the academy about subs that we had to sign a waiver for Top Secret clearance at the top and the bottom of the sheet was something relinquishing said TS clearance stating that we would never talk about what we saw in there to other people. I was very impressed with what they showed us.
This is actually my dilemma for the nuke choice. I've heard a lot of people say similar things to this about fast attack subs. So the choice is between bad ass missions that I can't talk about in cramped space, or boring missions with comfort of living. Then there's the complication of possibly getting a SSBN and then my life would absolutely suck for 3 years. Hmmm...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
and then my life would absolutely suck for 3 years. Hmmm...
Or you can be the taker......100 men go down, 50 couples come up.

Sea story time.....When I was a DH Tacco, my Nav was a pretty hot woman senior LT (they were just letting women into VP aircrews, she alreay had a tour with VXN-8). She was a mixture of good looks and femininity but with a man's sense of humor. We were doing an orientation flight on a boomer with most of the sub's sonarmen on our aircraft. They ranged from the Chief to a very boyish looking and shy 18 year old SR straight out of boot camp/A school. This young kid could barely talk to his Chief without falling apart yet alone a hot chick LT. After he stammers out a question to her, my Nav answers and then says she has one for him. "Wwwwhhhaats thaaaat Siiirrr, I I I I mmmmmean Ma'aaaammm?" he stammers. "You're such a pretty boy, are you the boat's bitch?" my Nav asks with a straight face. Young SR grow the brightest red I'm ever seen, looks wide eyed at his fellow bubleheads and is almost crying as he yells "You guys said you wouldn't tell anyone!" The sub crew was dying with laughter. Seems the COB had designated the kid the "Boat's Bitch" when he checked onboard. I found out later the Sonar Chief had set the whole thing up when he first came to the aircraft and saw my Nav.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
hahaha dont forget your life absolutely sucking for a year through nuke school and then prototype
And a big plus ... you don't have to receive the full body cavity "interview" from ADM Rickover now days ... he made some of my nuke-destined classmates want to cry like a little girl. :)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

Wow, what an egregious abuse of the system.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
close-up-of-a-mid-adult-man-with-hi.jpg

Isn't suggesting the fact there were actually "people" sitting there "listening" to this so-called "brief" a violation of the waiver? And even if it is, did your waiver authroize you to kill Airwarriors?

Status
Not open for further replies.