• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Ok, so I was supposed to take the VIP trip this week. My paperwork would subsequently be submitted on Monday, and all would be happy. Exceeeept that even though I submitted everything for the trip 3 weeks ago, they were unable to clear the funding until this morning. Needless to say, they couldn't book a flight for me.

Is there anything I can do about this other than sit on my thumbs until next month?

My recruiter said that the people at the supply dept. are going to try to attempt to set up the interviews in the same week as the tour in order to quicken the process from there. However, that doesn't seem likely to me given that people on these boards have said "once you get to the interviews, the job is yours to lose."

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, so I was supposed to take the VIP trip this week. My paperwork would subsequently be submitted on Monday, and all would be happy. Exceeeept that even though I submitted everything for the trip 2 1/2 weeks ago, they were unable to clear the funding until this morning. Needless to say, they couldn't book a flight for me.

Is there anything I can do about this other than sit on my thumbs until next month?

My recruiter said that the people at the supply dept. are going to try to attempt to set up the interviews in the same week as the tour in order to quicken the process from there. However, that doesn't seem likely to me given that people on these boards have said "once you get to the interviews, the job is yours to lose."

VIP tour?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Nuke officers have to go down to the Naval base in GA for a couple days to get lectured about what an NTO does, and then tour a SSBN. This is so that no one applies for submarine NTO without actually seeing what being on a sub is like.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nuke officers have to go down to the Naval base in GA for a couple days to get lectured about what an NTO does, and then tour a SSBN. This is so that no one applies for submarine NTO without actually seeing what being on a sub is like.

Ahhh, got it. Too bad you are missing out on a Rickover interview, about 25 years too late on that one......;)

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

No offense and good luck, but lord knows seeing a sub for one day is definitely not what it's like to be on a sub.

You will make good money though!

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
No offense and good luck, but lord knows seeing a sub for one day is definitely not what it's like to be on a sub.
No shit. The fact that the usefulness of such a trip is questionable only makes me that much more ticked off that my application is now going to be delayed 3 months because of it...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...Lord knows seeing a sub for one day is definitely not what it's like to be on a sub......
I was on a sub -- diesel boat -- for two days. Great food -- accomodations were shit. We got depth charged --no shit. Training .... @ 100 yards abeam.:)

That's probably kinda rare today. Anyone been depth charged???:D :sleep_125

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
I was on a sub -- diesel boat -- for two days. Great food -- accomodations were shit. We got depth charged --no shit. Training .... @ 100 yards abeam.:)

A4s you should talk to the folks who write the history books. They don't mention anything about the Hunley being diesel powered. :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

My dad was on diesel boats and, while not depth charged, he was shot at and HIT by a torpedo, courtesy of a P-3 (or perhaps a -2). He has another story of a friend of his who spent some time in SE Asia (presumably Haiphong harbor, if I had to guess from the story). Apparently the locals didn't take too kindly to them being there and "removed" their sail from the sub rather forcefully. Talk about escaping by the skin of your teeth (or boat).

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
If they really wanted to show you sub life (as much as they can on a day long tour) they would show you an SSN. Boomers are roomy in comparison.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If they really wanted to show you sub life (as much as they can on a day long tour) they would show you an SSN. Boomers are roomy in comparison.

Boomers sound kinda cool. Just hearing about my buddy who was a prior nuke talking about sleeping in the torpedo bay or wherever the hell they slept on fast-attacks didn't exactly sound that great...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Boomers sound kinda cool. Just hearing about my buddy who was a prior nuke talking about sleeping in the torpedo bay or wherever the hell they slept on fast-attacks didn't exactly sound that great...

Yes, but their mission is BOOOORRRRRRING.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I wouldn't want either, I'm just saying there is more room on the ssbn.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor

I didn't want to say anything, but you really are dating yourself. Depth charges and diesel boats? Tell me, what was life like before airplanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.