• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WTF, over

Status
Not open for further replies.

trvsmrtn

pilot
Just had a meeting with my skipper who informed us that some unlucky guys at another ROTC unit just had their orders to P'cola moded to report March 2005 vice August 2004. Right now, myself and 5 others at my unit are due to report in August and we are all crossing our fingers right now. Anyone have more insight or news on this?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
TANGO 1 said:
that right there spells out F**KED

once again back to the point... If you do not know what you are talking about, why post?

This is normal for API, I had it happen to me too. Once you get there, you will still probabbly wait a good amount of time to class up. Don't sweat it, use the time to have fun, becuase it will be the last time for a long while b4 you have free time like that agian.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Doesn't that seem a little extreme though bch, from August to March? I know that you will usually wait to class up for a while when you get down there, but come on, 8 more months of being stashed?

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Extreme? No. Nor can you read anything into that delay, other than scheduling issues such as: Funds for transfers, unexpected requirements, class availability due to instructor/aircraft availability and so many, many more isses that commands must deal with, one by one. They do the best they can, now it is up to you. Use the time wisely.

trvsmrtn

pilot
For now, my orders haven't been moded. I'm just wondering if anyone has an idea who all will be affected by this.

FlyingDoc

now question... do they pull you into training in the order that you are assigned or whatever? So like you get into the wait list, there are 300 people ahead of you; you will be the 301st spot available? Or is there a priority system? Just to get a feel if you are able to gauge your "vacation"

trvsmrtn

pilot
Well, hell. I was just sitting at the unit talking to a Marine aviator wannabe, when I heard the CO yell "****". Guess what just came through the message traffic. I guess I'll be seeing you guys in March.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
not extreme at all, happen a yaer ago to some of my class mates. GET USED TO SITTING A LOT! School's command is just like that, it is a scheduling nightmare, becuase weather, money, health and aircraft can all throw a wrench into the schedule.

When you get down to API, mostly it is first come first serve as far as when you class up. With the exception that if they need people to go to one primary location over another, they will take volunteers who want to go and let them class up earlier, rather than bone someone who does not want to go and is supposed to be next to class up.

Just the nature of the beast man. Like I said earlier, just enjoy the personal time.

Another thing that may have effected the class date for those guys is IFS. They may now be doing IFS at school instead of pensacola.

trvsmrtn

pilot
The 5 of us finished up IFS 2 weeks ago. We're in Jacksonville, so we're going to look at maybe going TAD to some squadrons.

Now when it comes to classing up for API, does age figure into that anywhere? I know that there was an age limit to flight training, but I don't remember if that was starting or finishing.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Right now the wait is getting bad. For Primary at Whiting, I talked to some guys who have been sitting here 6 months since finishing API waiting to start. I dont know what the wait is like in Corpus. Advanced Helos is starting to back up also. The wait is a little over a month for navy guys before getting an HT squadron, and the wait in HT-18 for an onwing is about 4 weeks. Its just the nature of the beast. Enjoy your time off while you have it.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The problem is that the navy has OVER accessed it's goals for Pilots, which is creating a huge back-up in the pipeline. This along with the fact that the Navy is retiring the S-3 and the F-14, there are too many Pilots out there. Schools command is trying thier hardest to fix the problem. So, expect delays. Maybe even order mods.

Future: The Navy will down-size the number of PILOTS from OCS in 2005 & 2006. Good luck!

ea6bflyr

whitedc

Any idea how long this backup will last? Months? Or is it Years? I'm flirting with the age cap. Also, is the age waiver still 31 or am I misinformed? I always hear conflicting info. on this...

binary_choice

Final Select SNA
So what exactly would you do during a "stash" job for a month or in some of your cases 8 months? Also where do you gets stashed? Do you have any choice/preference in the matter?

These ord mods just bumped my perspective roommate from coming p'cola this month. Myself and another guy waiting for API now have a extra room in our house in pensacola. if anyone who's reporting in anytime soon and needs a place to live contact me, e-mail: eak23@cornell.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.