• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Workout regimen for upcoming PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarfacekracker

Thanx for all the info here. I have to run a PFT on the 23rd. Hopefully some of this will help. Being deployed out to OKI really hurt my PFT. Spent 13 months drinking and partying with no real PT.

Crowbar

None
EA-6B1 said:
I would like to encorporate a swim day in my workout. Thinking about running M,T,R,S, and swimming on W. Could any of you guys think of a good 20-30 min swim workout for a "beginner." Not that I'm a beginning swimmer, but a workout to swim when first getting back into it. I was a lifeguard all this past summer, so it shouldn't take long to get back into it. I'd appreciate it.

Last year when I peaked on my run time and overall PFT, I was swimming once or twice a week. Nothing fancy. Just 1500m freestyle without stopping, took about 30-40 minutes depending on how I was feeling that day. Has the obvious effects of a full body workout and helps regulate breathing. If you like to work out, try doing back or shoulders on your swim days. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.