• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Workout regimen for upcoming PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

klostman

the happy dance!
I do remember you. You had port holes right? Just messin'. Good to go. Keep at it and we'll see ya this summer.

OOH RAH KILL

Yes. But I had PRK after OCS, so no more BCG's for me. I am happy I won't have that annoyance this summer. I'm going 1st increment, and have officially started counting down the days. MAN I MISS THAT FOOT BRIDGE TO CHOW HAHA

klostman

the happy dance!
were counting the days to OCS and then we'll be counting the days to get out of OCS. Oh, and that god awful bridge too.

klostman

the happy dance!
That's the bridge you will march over everytime you go to the chow hall. Its not like your normal bridge. It zigs and zags before it goes over the railroad tracks. Its freakin' annoying but you will get used to it just like many other things at OCS. I think for the 6 weekers, you cross that bridge 120 times or something like that in the whole duration.

hard corps

i have gone through both boot camp and plc combined. it looks to me like you have some good workouts posted here. I would like to add one or two comments though. running 5 or 6 times a week is only gonna get you real tired. you can improve your run time with just three runs a week. its all about the type of running you are doing. interval training is the key to improving your time. one program that i have to be very effective for many marines goes like this:

sunday is your distance day. you run 5-7 miles. this is where you build your endurance. this is a light pace about 1 1/2 to 2 min slower than your current 3 mile time. basically a pace that doesent kill you.

then on tuesday you do your interval training. you need a track for this. here you run 6X400m or 12X200m. (at a regular outdoor track 1 lap is about 400m). you run at a pace that is one minute faster than your current pft. for example if you are running 19 min then you run 18 min pace which is 90s per lap. when running the 400's have no more than 2min break and 1 min break for 200's. make sure that you continue jogging during your break. if you find that you are doing this real easily then decrease your break time. you can also add reps. alternate between the 400m workout and the 200m workout.

finally thursday run four miles at a slightly slower pace than you pft pace. this is tempo training. maybe 30s per mile slower. i like to do this in boots an utes.

if you find that you miss a day then you can combine your interval with either one of the other two by doing pickups. this is just dispersing short sprints through out your run. like do it for time like 15s, 30s or 60s. or do it for distance like everyother telephone pole or tree. then run at a normal pace for 45s or 60s. be creative and have fun.

another area that i want to stress is plyometrics. plyos are as simple as jumping up and down. you have to remember that every physical activity that you do at ocs will involve dynamic movements. lifting alone will not get you there. plyos will increase high movement speed and olympic lifts increase muscular coordination of whole body movements. most weightlifting is good for targeting specific body parts. i find that my plyo exercises pull it all together and really complement my lifting. i suggest doing plyos once or twice a week.
a good website to find some plyos is:
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/PowerExercises.html

the homesite is also a great source for all kinds of exercise info.

remember to listen to your body, but dont be a bitch. and never pass up the opportunity to train under miserable conditions, cause this is what will make you hard corps. one of my drill insttructors in boot camp was always saying, "If it aint rainning, we aint training."

well this was longer than i intended, but good luck to all you devildogs-to-be.

semper fi!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Anyone checked out the workouts here (http://www.oo-rah.com/store/gen/pt.asp)? I just glanced over them, and they seem pretty legit. Let me know what you think.

stevew

There was a post a little while back about someone who felt like they maxed out on the Armstrong program so someone directed them to this site. They also have a good pullup routine to get you above the 20 mark.

Gonzodogg

That pullup workout isn't bad, but it lacks the variety that the Armstrong program has. It also does not specify the amount of rest in between sets.

I'm still sold on Armstrong.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I would like to encorporate a swim day in my workout. Thinking about running M,T,R,S, and swimming on W. Could any of you guys think of a good 20-30 min swim workout for a "beginner." Not that I'm a beginning swimmer, but a workout to swim when first getting back into it. I was a lifeguard all this past summer, so it shouldn't take long to get back into it. I'd appreciate it.

baj4160

you guys are crazy, but you know what, i will do anything to be where i want to be for the Marines, nothing but the best, thanks for the lifting program, now maybe i can beat some real ass once this starts to set in

Status
Not open for further replies.