• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Word on EP-3's?

plosky1

In primary currently, from what I hear EP-3's are still selecting with no transition or replacement in sight. Was wondering if anyone has heard differently?

robav8r

Future performance not guaranteed . . .
None
Contributor
There is a transition plan that is tied to the Triton program. Folks that select EP-3’s this year will have the opportunity for a full fleet tour.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In other words, avoid it like the plague. Transitions with no manned replacement are going to equal risk to career timelines and lots of potential headaches. Go TacAir, specifically Growlers, which is a growing community with a certain future.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Navy loves to throw money at P-8’s. If you like working directly with aircrew system operators and the general MPRA lifestyle, check that as well.

plosky1

Navy loves to throw money at P-8’s. If you like working directly with aircrew system operators and the general MPRA lifestyle, check that as well.
I really liked the idea of intelligence collection and am primarily looking for something that can (relatively) translate to a three letter agency afterwards. Growlers seem like a good choice for that but as always its risky as I’ve been told there’s more strike positions than EWO positions in intermediate/advanced.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just about everything one could possibly do as a Naval Officer translates relatively easily into three letter agencies. Don't make that one of your criteria for platform preference.

Renegade One

None
I really liked the idea of intelligence collection and am primarily looking for something that can (relatively) translate to a three letter agency afterwards.
Just about everything one could possibly do as a Naval Officer translates relatively easily into three letter agencies.
He means having SCI and being accustomed to completing three times the amount of paperwork necessary to complete a task.
I think we're all talking about the same thing here...29925