• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Woohoo...finally a 1st class swimmer!

Junior

pilot
"I think this is about the happiest day of my life so far because I just passed 1st class after 6+months of swimming"

After you didnt pass the swim test, do you continue training in your current company and then take the test again before you grad?

When I was there you stayed with your company. Rememdial swim was offered everyday at I think 1630. They retested every Thursday. It was on you to go to rememdial, learn the stuff you needed, and get retested. After a full day of TBS the last thing you want to do is head to the pool. I was very happy when I too tested out of it (3 straight weeks).

Raptor2216

"I think this is about the happiest day of my life so far because I just passed 1st class after 6+months of swimming"

After you didnt pass the swim test, do you continue training in your current company and then take the test again before you grad?

What junior said with a slight correction. Remedial swim takes place at 1800 everyday and you re-test every thursday. The new rule is that you have to go to two remidial swims in order to go re-test. As far as remedial requirement goes, a lot of it will depend on your company and platoon commander. We were always being hounded if we didn't go to remedial because it seems that after a 14 hour day, they think you are a dirt bad if you don't go to remedial and that doesn't even take into account preparing for the day to come. That is why I suggest you work on it and get it out of the way because it was a freking pain the ass.

I don't know how valid this is but I was told if someone is unable to atleast reach 2nd class, they do not graduate with their company. You have to be atl least a 2nd class swimmer in order to graduate TBS. For pilots and NFO's, you will graduate with your company but then you will stay back in M. Co and swim. Its not so bad being in M co. afterwards but avoid it if you can because there is so much B.S. to be dealt with that you will be pulling your hair out.

flyerstud4

When I was there you stayed with your company. Rememdial swim was offered everyday at I think 1630. They retested every Thursday. It was on you to go to rememdial, learn the stuff you needed, and get retested. After a full day of TBS the last thing you want to do is head to the pool. I was very happy when I too tested out of it (3 straight weeks).

So if you go to remedial and then the retake on thursday and pass. then your done? or do you have to do that all thru TBS? Alittle confusion

Junior

pilot
So if you go to remedial and then the retake on thursday and pass. then your done? or do you have to do that all thru TBS? Alittle confusion
Once you pass you are done. I think each qual is good for like 5 years.

flyerstud4

oh thats not so bad. Kinda sounds like ropes at OCS. I am a good rope climber, hopefully i will get that swim qual and not worry about that either. thanks again semper fi