• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Women issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBates

We just got a girl back in our squadron that had her baby. Shes just about worthless since she was gone for such a long time. I get to take the time out of my work day to train her all over again from the start. I love this job!

I was just at the gym today, riding the "WUBA CHARIOT" (elliptical machine) and there was a female STUD next to me on the treadmill. She was whining to her friend how "its gonna take her 3 years to get through flight school".

She was at least 6 months pregnant.

If I did something voluntary (not "accidentaly") to myself that put me out of training for a year, I would be shown the door. Even now with wings.

If a guy got some outpatient surgery that put him med down for 9-12 months without permission, he would be smoked. And you know it. Women are told to NOT get pregnant in the TRACOM or Sea Duty. You have to "do something" to get pregnant. Not like she was in a car accident and broke her leg.

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
Let's say that a woman is 5'3", 115 pounds, and fairly muscular. Let's say that a guy is 5'11", 190 pounds, and fairly muscular. Which one is more likely to be able to pull a trapped child out of a narrow well? The woman's ability to do so will be greater than the man's, so woman's ability > man's ability.

5'3" 115lb fairly muscular at 9 months pregnant may not be as capable. Might have to go with the dude.

MasterBates

Let's say that a woman is 5'3", 115 pounds, and fairly muscular. Let's say that a guy is 5'11", 190 pounds, and fairly muscular. Which one is more likely to be able to pull a trapped child out of a narrow well? The woman's ability to do so will be greater than the man's, so woman's ability > man's ability..

False for one main reason:

BIG FREAKIN SPIDERS!!
PPT012.jpg

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Well, pregnant and not likely to be a Naval aviator and pregnant and not likely to make partner at a law firm aren't exactly the same thing. A pregnant SNA isn't likely to have a lot of success in flight training; a pregnant attorney can litigate right up to the point where her water breaks. Not promoting someone to a job that they're physically unable to do is legally defensible; not promoting someone because "she has a kid now; she's probably going to be a lousy lawyer" is setting yourself up for a lawsuit.
BIG FREAKIN SPIDERS!!
PPT012.jpg
Okay, I'll admit, that's a deal-breaker for me. Eight is just way too many legs. I've got two, I've seen dogs make it around on three, I'll even give you four, but eight is too many legs.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
It's not a matter how how much you can lift or anything like that when flying an aircraft, its about being able to fly. I would say the girl that gets herself in the position of having a child may have a hard time flying. I would have to go with the guy... but who am I to judge.

Oh and for the person talking about being SAR, I'm not a full time reservist, I just do the weekend thing while going to school.

Ummm, a SAR (aka slug) is a part timer doing the weekend thing as you say, a TAR is FT. Therefore you are a Selected Air Reserve (SAR) unless they changed the nomenclature in the past several years.

soccermaniac723

Ummm, a SAR (aka slug) is a part timer doing the weekend thing as you say, a TAR is FT. Therefore you are a Selected Air Reserve (SAR) unless they changed the nomenclature in the past several years.

I'm not in any air guard or air reserve but since I'm new to the reserve thing I have no clue what the heck we are called. I figured it was simply a weekend ship warrior but what do I know. Oh yeah and TAR is obsolete in the Navy, they have a new name that I will find out this weekend.

The only place I've ever heard SAR mentioned is when people are talking about search and rescue swimmers in the Navy, other than that, I've never heard of the term.

I'm not in any air guard or air reserve but since I'm new to the reserve thing I have no clue what the heck we are called. I figured it was simply a weekend ship warrior but what do I know. Oh yeah and TAR is obsolete in the Navy, they have a new name that I will find out this weekend.

The only place I've ever heard SAR mentioned is when people are talking about search and rescue swimmers in the Navy, other than that, I've never heard of the term.

Apparently the new name for Tar babies is TAR. At least according to this official site. http://www.navy-la.com/nav_res.html

Status
Not open for further replies.