• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wings for all my friends

H60Gunner

Contributor
So since I wasn't sitting in the UYQ does that change anyone's opinion.

That's total bullshit! J/K.:icon_tong

Air Medals are awarded for-"The medal is awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity in or with the Armed Forces of the United States, shall have distinguished himself/herself by meritorious achievement while participating in aerial flight."

Looks like you are good to go.

My thoughts? Go get your wings and kick some fucking ass!

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
We might sit in on the brief, or watch the loading and hookup of the UYQ to ensure it doesn't get dropped too many times. But in the end, we're just PAX....

...But god forbid they have to crawl around and get dirty to find where the hell that hyd fluid is leaking from..

Sounds like half of the people on board an AWACS or JSTARS, yet, they get some of those weird looking Air Force wings, anyway.

I basically played DASC(A) in Iraq in the back of a Hawkeye. However, I went through flight school and had a slightly different role in my aircraft. But, I say let them have a set of wings if they want. So long as everyone knows what those wings mean. Hell, AMDOs have their own set of wings, don't they? And they never have their feet off the ground.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I am sure that some of the Army ground pounders who get Ar Medals rate them like HAL's dad I am thinking quite a few just got Strike/Flight awards or 'meritorious' Air Medals like their 'meritorious' Bronze Stars after how many I have seen on the chests of non-aviator Army types, especially officers.