• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wings for all my friends

Pugs

Back from the range
None
No opinion on giving the NAO wings but they aren't the same as NAC wings.

Don't know but went through VT-86 with some Marine NAO wing wearing Captains who had to go back and get NFO wings to fly OV-10's. Good guys with lots of operational experience.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
They already do.

Edit: Okay, some of them do. Particularly a few folks who crewed the DASC(A) in the early stages of OIF I.

Reactions: E5B

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Did not know that. Not sure how I feel about that (not that it matters) but I'd like to think on it some then revisit this for a dialogue.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
They've been giving out Air Medals to non-flyers for years. My Dad got one as an Army Infantry officer in Viet Nam. From the citation, he deserved it too.

Reactions: E5B

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
They've been giving out Air Medals to non-flyers for years. My Dad got one as an Army Infantry officer in Viet Nam. From the citation, he deserved it too.

Learn something new everyday.... You should post it if able. Sounds interesting and applicable to the thread.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I've got a buddy who has one. He's in flight school with me now and is a member here. I'll let him speak up if he so chooses.

Lawman

None
Learn something new everyday.... You should post it if able. Sounds interesting and applicable to the thread.

You should check out the book "Low Level Hell" if your interested. I had an IP in Flight School that flew OH-6's during Vietnam. Those guys were completely out of their minds. He was shot down 3 times in the same day in the same place. Me and my stick buddy assigned too him were both looking at him like "WTF how did you get shot down three times in a day." And his response was something along the lines of just saying, "because it was a slow week."

e47242

When I flew DASC(A) missions we had to work on the flight deck from the radio operators platform. I used the plane's radios and had to coordinate all of my freq changes with the pilots. So since I wasn't sitting in the UYQ does that change anyone's opinion. All of my flight time was above Iraq 04-05 doing radio relay with the convoys.

I'm open for thoughts.

Any way I'm on my way to getting Aviator wings, I just finished Primary.

I just thought I might want to go for the dual cools.