• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will the USA Invade Iran?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Phoenix missle inventory has apparently been kept alive with batteries (I guess this is a component that wears out frequently) from China.

Not that frequently, but they do have a shelf life. BTW, missile batteries are not the same as batteries you are used to in your daily life. They are chemically based and barely last longer than time of flight of the missile once initiated.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Aircraft buried in the sand are hardly a threat.

Do you realize how big Iran is? You also forget that a good chunk of the Iraqi Air Force survived the entire Gulf War (though they were not combat effective), and I am not counting the ones that fled to Iran. Never underestimate your enemy, the Iranians are very creative and resourceful.

corvairdroptop

I'd be interested to know what IRIAF posture is like when we put a strike group through the strait. If surprised by a number of American aircraft suddenly aloft, how quickly do you all think they could react?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aircraft buried in the sand are hardly a threat.

Not OIF, the Gulf War in 1991. Enough of the Iraqi Air Force survived to be a threat to OSW and ONW until the right before OIF, only then did they bury the aircraft.......the F-15C guys had to figure out something to do (DCA) when they were not ironing their flight suits.......

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd be interested to know what IRIAF posture is like when we put a strike group through the strait. If surprised by a number of American aircraft suddenly aloft, how quickly do you all think they could react?

A question that cannot be answered in an unclassified forum......