• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why navy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The initial push back was because he was asking some VERY basic questions across multiple threads that were easily answered with a little research. 5 pages later we have this mess.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I don't understand why he's getting shit on.

Nah, not shit on. I simply like to encourage action. Too much over-thinking and contemplation can sometimes lead to stagnation and indecision. I highly-encourage the apply-to-everything path!

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I don't understand why he's getting shit on. You expected him to have his mind made up by a few anonymous posts on a message board? "Fly Navy" wasn't enough, holy shit!

He was trying to gather information, and he probably gathered that there are some people with really thin skin in naval aviation.

My meme was posted purely because of the "I've learned what I need" immediately followed by "too close to call"

Dude, flip a coin. If you don't like what comes up, there's your answer.

flyguy4723

My meme was posted purely because of the "I've learned what I need" immediately followed by "too close to call"

Dude, flip a coin. If you don't like what comes up, there's your answer.

You guys recommend I apply to both the ANG and USN, I agree to that, and now I'm getting shit on because I am doing research on a major life decision. Sorry that I am not rushing to the nearest recruiter and signing 10 years of my life away before I do some research. Ridiculous.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
You guys recommend I apply to both the ANG and USN, I agree to that, and now I'm getting shit on because I am doing research on a major life decision. Sorry that I am not rushing to the nearest recruiter and signing 10 years of my life away before I do some research. Ridiculous.

When I'm shitting on you, it'll be with more than a face palm meme. Typically, when people learn all they need to know, it supports a decision. Your post didnt seem to indicate that.

But you clearly don't need any more assistance from the likes of me- best of luck, pun'kin.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor

Relax man, everyone here wants to see you succeed. Regardless of what color or shape wings you may end up wearing, one thing remains constant: be prepared for a good ribbing. If there's anything Naval Aviation taught me outside of flying itself, it's talking shit. When I was in your shoes, I thought everyone here was a bunch of assholes. I mean, they kind of are, haha, but...it's just a little bit of the culture we live in. I want to say "I don't know why, it's always been that way," but when you fire up facebook and find out one of your buddies didn't make it (prayers with VMM-265), maybe we do it to keep things a little less serious...maybe we keep things a little at an arm's distance...maybe it's just the best way we know how to make you better at that next landing. I don't know. It's a great experience to fly and drink and hang out with these guys, assholes included.

Now...get off your ass and go apply! :D

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

Hey new guy- STFU. Adults are talking, just listen.

If you don't like what they say, then file it away and move on. You don't have any standing to lecture anyone who wears wings.

GroundPounder

I probably should STFU, as this is not my dance.... Realize that the guys that you are blowing off are working in the arena you want to join. In a relatively small population , you may run into them in real life, why start out behind the power curve.

There is an easy way and a hard way to accomplish anything, why make life harder on yourself?

robav8r

None
Contributor
Realize that the guys that you are blowing off are working in the arena you want to join. In a relatively small population , you may run into them in real life, why start out behind the power curve.
There are people on this board with the skills and resources to figure out just about anyone with an online profile. And . . . . . it's funny how the military, aviation network crosses service & agency lines.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And I think we've brought this dramatic chapter to a close.

19thomas-600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.