• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why does the Marine Corps have its own "Air Force"?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I love that even your generation was in on the act. ;) I should have known you meant Flash. He has certain "tendencies," one of which is to be irritating.

Brett

Irritating? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Irritating? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

I guess that depends on your perspective. :D To point out a quality/deficiency in another does not imply its presence or absence in the pointer-outer. Besides, they were clearly talking about you. :D

Brett

BlackDog421

Life's a garden. Dig it.
Does this hold any record for longest "dead" thread resurrected?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe that thread about messing your flight suit was older...

Edit: I posted this without reading the last two pages. woops!

Achilles

That dog won't hunt, Monsignor!
pilot
Dumb question, is the 30mm round have such a high velocity that it takes approx. 7 seconds from the impact to hear the firing? Didn't know if it was that fast or I was just missing something.

FLY_USMC

pilot
It goes in reverse, first thing you hear is the impact, then the round breaking the sound barrier...last but not least...about 3 seconds later you hear the wwwuuuurrrrr of the gun barrel. That's what you're hearing when they finally realize holy shiat and say pull back.

widow_34

Thanks to USN Hornets from Brit JTAC just back home from Afghanistan

Hey guys,

I hope you dont mind me clogging up your bandwidth. I am a British Army JTAC and I got back from Afghanistan yesterday. Most of the CAS I had during my 7 month tour was from the USN (Reagan, TR, and more recently the Esenhower (sorry about the spelling) Anyway, if any of you guys were flying in support of me (widow 34) a big thank you for the outstanding support. I still remember the callsigns. If [the American Indian callsign squadron pilots] are ever over in the UK I would buy the entire SQN a beer,they got me and my buddies out of the brown stuff on 2 following days with a load of 20mike mike and a GBU-12. Nice one gents. Great to have the USN in support.

Cheers Widow 34.:D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Welcome aboard

Great to hear Navy got a chance to throw some iron your way. No doubt the squadron will love to take you up on your offer.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I, for one, am grateful to have the British as the one european member of NATO that is truly supporting the mission in Afghanistan - and, I recognize that Great Britain is an island nation not attached to Europe geographically speaking.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I'm good buddies with a Brit Navy LNO SSN type who is quick to point out that "Gordon Browne is a twat!" That being said, the UK are fantastic allies having flown with some dudes from Kinloss down under in Australia.

BlkPny

pilot
Hey guys,

I hope you dont mind me clogging up your bandwidth. I am a British Army JTAC and I got back from Afghanistan yesterday. Most of the CAS I had during my 7 month tour was from the USN (Reagan, TR, and more recently the Esenhower (sorry about the spelling) Anyway, if any of you guys were flying in support of me (widow 34) a big thank you for the outstanding support. I still remember the callsigns. If [the American Indian callsign squadron pilots] are ever over in the UK I would buy the entire SQN a beer,they got me and my buddies out of the brown stuff on 2 following days with a load of 20mike mike and a GBU-12. Nice one gents. Great to have the USN in support.

Cheers Widow 34.:D

Read this post twice. This is the real reason you guys worked your butts off in flight school, and hang your ass out on every mission.

Its for these guys.

Thanks for reminding these guys, Widow.