• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Don't D.O.R. on the second day...its really not that hard :D

Haha, yea...try not to piss on anyone during urinalysis.

Seriously though, was anyone else a bit suprised that NOBODY got dropped for some kind of alcohol related incident? I figured we'd lose at least a couple from that. Good job all around on staying out of trouble/keeping your shipmates out of trouble!

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Man, I didn't know what to do with myself this morning.....I got to sleep in, and I didn't have to listen to the "STEP-FREEZE STAND FAST" B.S. or "...Both Sides, Take Seats" "Kill.....Kill......Snap.....Snap" Crap! I got to drink more than one cup of coffee....

...And I still wouldn't exactly say I was MISSING my roommate!

I'm off to go deal with my college. They decided to only accept 24 credits of the 90 they agreed on in my degree plan, to include NONE of my SMART credit which they had agreed upon as well. I'm seeing the utility of that signed degree plan now!

.....And for the next NSI class....

Newport is a great time
You have one 800 room mansion on the side of the Narragansett Bay
..A nice Sandy beach to play in.....
....Galley Food....'nuff said there
Wildlife and bird life.....many bird life and it's escrament...

....And Yes, that was taken from LT from that infamous $22 "Dinner"......

BOCOD

At least you are getting some credit. The Citadel only took 3 credits for me me, and I only have 2 years to complete my degree.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
At least you are getting some credit. The Citadel only took 3 credits for me me, and I only have 2 years to complete my degree.

Hey Tim,
I got it straightened out, and it is now as advertised/promised. Are you still doing 9 classes every semester?

BOCOD

Now I have found out that they are not going to let me do it. So now I probably won't be able to get me degree in two years. I was told that the ROTC unit can get me more time, I just have to ask when the fall semester starts.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
This will blow your mind...

#1. Avoid Communism in your room. Communism=junk food, but you aren't supposed to have ANY food in your room

#2. You will learn to love green stains on your uniform. In case you haven't heard, there are geese everywhere...EVERYWHERE. So, where does their crap go? EVERYWHERE! Have fun doing army crawls!

#3. You will do many jumping jacks. MANY. You'll see, it's pretty self explanitory.

#4. One ship, one screw, one crew. Not sure about that one either, maybe it was a divisional thing...??
...Your next execise will be...push-ups...

Oh yea, the Navy apparently doesn't use aircraft either...except to use AIM-9's for electronic warfare. :icon_tong (Weps class, No kidding.)

Heh, they were suppose to find out about what I meant from personal experience :D

And, erm, yeah, don't forget to enjoy the experience in the 800 room mansion there at Newport. All I can say is I'm thankful I wasn't there in May/June.

Good luck to the May NSIers. It won't be a bad time but you will find lots of dead time.

And as for one ship, one crew, one screw, it's a submariner saying.

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Sorry to spoil some of the suprises, I'm sure there will be many more in store for them. Just remember why you're there doing this and keep plugging away. It really isn't that bad and there is no reason why you shouldn't get through NSI with reletive ease. Just play the game for 9 weeks and then enjoy all that time going to school for free/cheaper while getting paid. Good luck Shipmates!

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I have a question about the uniforms that you guys arrived with. I have read over the NSI site and well there is two different list of uniforms to bring. If anyone could please clear this up it would help me and some others who are asking the same question.

Thanks!

BOCOD

Don't worry about what it says to bring unless you plan on getting kicked out. You will be issued everything you need. Just bring the things that can carry over to khaki uniforms such as black tie, dress shoes, socks, all weather coat, etc. Bring the boot camp issue PT gear because you will have to buy new ones if you don't. The new PT uniform will be comming out soon, but they will probably make you buy the old stuff even if the new was out. I would suggest not buying the more expensive SDB's but that is up to you. Many guys went over their uniform allowance by doing that. Just wait until you actually make good money and after you gain weight in school. Only remove the tags for the uniforms you have to wear that way you can return the rest after NSI. Every little bit will help you pocket some of the uniform allowance. When all was said and done I made over $600 on the uniform allowance, but that is because I didn't have to buy some of the uniforms because I already had them.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Also, bring an empty seabag! Otherwise, you'll have to shell out another $18.00 to haul your issued uniforms from the NEX uniform shop back to the baracks. Actually, it's up to you f you do that or not, but it makes it easier to haul that stuff around. Although I must say, an extra seabag is handy for large quantities of clothing come PCS time...

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
Thanks for all the help guys. It has made it a lot easier for the transition. I will make sure to pass this information to others who are going in May.