• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who gets the T-6 Texan II first?

TBag463

I was wondering what vt's were getting the texan II first for SNA training? Don't know if they have already started deliveries or if no one has them yet. I'm trying to pick corpus or Milton right now and thought i'd ask to see if anyone was in the know. Thanks ahead for any help.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I think FlyNavy means no Navy squadron is using them. Yes, at a min Vance AFB and Moody AFB have the T-6.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Here are pics from navy.mil of T-6A Texan II's from Training Airwing 6. This is the statement with those pics:

"Training Air Wing Six, T-6A Texan II turboprop trainers on board Naval Air Station Pensacola, Fla., prepare for departure during evacuations underway for Hurricane Katrina. The storm crossed South Florida Thursday and headed back to sea in the Gulf of Mexico. The storm's wind is now in excess of 160 mph, a category 5 storm. A hurricane warning was in effect for the north-central Gulf Coast from Morgan City, La., to the Alabama-Florida line."

Attachments

• web_050828-N-2744D-029.jpg
    web_050828-N-2744D-029.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 173
  • web_050828-N-2744D-030.jpg
    web_050828-N-2744D-030.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 163

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
mules83 said:
Here are pics from navy.mil of T-6A Texan II's from Training Airwing 6. This is the statement with those pics:

*sigh* Those are NAS Pensacola, CTW-6. They are NOT for SNA training.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
The last numbers i remember hearing were something like 2008 for whiting and 2010-12 for Corpus, but im not sure where to person who mentioned those numbers got their info. I think the same person was saying that the Navy is waiting to purchase the T-6B for SNA training.

Bottom line, don't base your whiting/corpus decision on what aircraft you will be flying.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
He asked about Corpus and Whiting.
Yes I know. Last time I checked, Air Force don't have any VT's so I assumed he was asking about Navy. Me being the forward thinker I am, I thought that having the knowledge of whether the Air Force has them yet may be valuable information for this guy. That is....if training in the T-6 was really important to him.

Good job on your part though. You at least did answer his question on the first attempt. ;)

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
I'd kill for some beta! Not that I ever land the thing anymore, but it would still be nice to have.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just for you Road.

betacam_betamax_tapes.jpg

but you'll need one of these

vtc5150.jpg