• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiz Wheel

Whalebite

REVERSE ENGINEER take some problems you have the answers to and figure it out that way, that helped me. Then try a few that you dont look at the answers for, and check yourself. Thats how i did it. O ya then do every one of the problems in the book.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Just wait until you attempt the fun trick known as "math in the cockpit". You'd be amazed how hard adding two numbers can become....

exactly why i've carried a calculator in my kneeboard since intermediates. how many times have i used it....i don't know that i ever have.:confused:

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
. . / . - / - - / . . . / . / - . / . . / . - . . / . :eek:

semanim.gif

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's the Navy version of a circular slide rule. Basically the same principle as an E6B, just a bit more compact and, IMO, easier to use. I believe the AF uses the E6B (along w/ the civilian world, of course), which is what Flash was referring to.

Except for figuring out TAS and crosswind, I always found I was MUCH faster using a calculator to figure stuff out. Back when I needed DA, I used charts in the back of NATOPS.

I didn't even know the thing had a name......:confused: I jsut know that I preferred the Navy version better, even though it was not as precise......Still good enough for government work! :D

353px-E6b-front-thumb.jpg

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot

Yup... that's the big knife-sharp hunk-o-fun that the AF issued us upon reporting to Vance... I am "so" looking foreward to our in depth navigation workshops...

Especially if people are saying this is an even bigger pain to use than the Navy Computer. Oh well... nothing's ever too tough.