• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

IwannabeaPHROGdvr69

pilot
Anyone buy a watch from Crown and Caliber? Used watch website with a large collection of luxury watches, seemingly set up for the collector... thoughts on used luxury watches in general?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Anyone buy a watch from Crown and Caliber? Used watch website with a large collection of luxury watches, seemingly set up for the collector... thoughts on used luxury watches in general?
So many better places to buy a pre-owned used watch. Ebay is actually decent - really. Decide exactly what you want of course. Also make a relationship with local jeweler/watchmaker - these guys hawk estate sales - and if they know what you are looking for you can get something nice for short money - again you neeed to know what you want.

BarryD

Contributor
Bought my Seiko and a Vostok off EBay.

You just have to be sensible enough to know when it’s too good of a deal to be true.

BarryD

Contributor
The Explorer looks pretty cool too; it was the Bond watch before Bond watches were cool.

Can’t really go wrong with classic luxury sport watches.

Last edited:

IwannabeaPHROGdvr69

pilot
They are all truly beautiful watches, I really can’t say I like one more than the other but if you put a gun to my head it would have to be the blue submariner or blue/black GMT master.. have to wear them on my wrist to see which feels the best (not a fan of bulky watches), can’t count out the sharper swag of the Milgauss, though. Luckily it seems hard to make a bad decision by going down the Rolex road, besides dropping a lot of cash

Last edited:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
So many better places to buy a pre-owned used watch. Ebay is actually decent - really. Decide exactly what you want of course. Also make a relationship with local jeweler/watchmaker - these guys hawk estate sales - and if they know what you are looking for you can get something nice for short money - again you neeed to know what you want.
There are a ton of fake watches being passed off as real on eBay that look extremely real. Unless you are an expert on the brand you're buying, I would never by a watch off eBay.

You can't trust the buyer reputation there either. The scammers know how to fake that too. I know of too many guys that have been taken for thousands of dollars buying fake watches they thought were real.

Same for any of the online sites though some police their sales pretty well. Breitlingsource.com for instance.