• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
WOW. Have to admit, I couldn't put my hands on it as quickly as you did, or is it a file photo? I am thinking not, since the mac and cheese club watch is displayed. Impressive.
Thanks, sir...you are correct, my Scout uniform was quickly accessible [and was photographed a few minutes ago] since it was in the same garment bag as my high school letterman’s jacket [which I’ve been wearing the last several days as a winter coat].

LATE ENTRY pic...

A65A02FA-86D7-42A9-9A86-89F64F501B30.jpeg

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
No offense but...eat poo sandwiches, candidate. :D

That is my issued duty firearm from the Cincinnati Police Department that I purchased when I resigned...it functions as a fond momento from my time as a Cincinnati cop...and I guess [from what you’re saying] that it could function as a boat anchor as well. :D
Awesome.

It's more than a boat anchor. I was surprised that as a DAO there is no "second strike" capability - the trigger sear disengages at first trigger pull and the slide requires a stroke to reset the trigger. Again, I'm criticizing CPD for selecting such a weapon - your fellow officers were issued a strangely unique weapon at the time for reasons that make sense only when you consider your department was moving from S&W wheel guns. Likely the powers that be feared semi auto high capacity service weapons in the hands of the average beat cop. NYC had the same mentality as did Chicago. LA was the first urban department to see the light when it adopted the Beretta 92FS.

Your gun is immaculate - you need to get a good cherry display case and hang it on the wall along with your badge. Also I cringe at the thought of not having a defensive weapon at home or in your car at all times.

GroundPounder

Awesome.

It's more than a boat anchor. I was surprised that as a DAO there is no "second strike" capability - the trigger sear disengages at first trigger pull and the slide requires a stroke to reset the trigger. Again, I'm criticizing CPD for selecting such a weapon - your fellow officers were issued a strangely unique weapon at the time for reasons that make sense only when you consider your department was moving from S&W wheel guns. Likely the powers that be feared semi auto high capacity service weapons in the hands of the average beat cop. NYC had the same mentality as did Chicago. LA was the first urban department to see the light when it adopted the Beretta 92FS.

Your gun is immaculate - you need to get a good cherry display case and hang it on the wall along with your badge. Also I cringe at the thought of not having a defensive weapon at home or in your car at all times.

I was working when my agency went from S&W model 64-1 to semi-auto. I can't remember all the models that were approved but they had to be S & W, have a manual decocking lever, and a mag disconnect. One of our guys was an early Glock adopter and tried his best to get them approved, our Cheif said that he would NEVER approve a gun " without a safety ".

Diagrams, a cutaway Glock to explain the internal safeties, overhead projectors, handouts... at the end the Chief said again, no guns without a safety. You would have thought they were handing out flamethrowers with all the hand-wringing that went with doing away with wheel guns.

As I remember now, they were not especially wild about speed loaders, with the issue item being the 18 loop leather addition to our duty belts. Looking back on it, it seems even more insane than it did at the time.

Fast forward 25 years and Glocks are the only weapons we issue. Under certain situations, we also can carry 1911s, which I do.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Double dog Waltham Wednesday with Dad’s 14k 15j Ruby and my 23j Vanguard railroader...both machines are from the late 1920s...

7E7D50D2-7585-43D6-9715-E3A40FF8775A.jpeg

A72DF70C-C49F-4899-9FDD-B110B2AE4D68.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Double dog Hammy railroad Thursday with my Uncle Jim’s 21j 992 [c. 1930] and a 21j Railway Special 992 Bravo [c. 1950] with its original Hammy Bakelite box...

837D3C64-F40A-4772-BC1E-11B052A4F9BF.jpeg

D4821671-27A6-4240-9904-F161FA7C1B09.jpeg

79CA8939-D932-489D-980E-CF4DF0ED3687.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Nice case.
Thanks, Griz...I’m assuming you’re referencing the Hamilton “box”...the “case” [in watch nerd speak] is the actual housing or frame that the watch movement is placed. Believe it or not, those Hamilton boxes are highly collectible by themselves...I paid a significant premium for that 992 B since it came with its original box. The box you see pictured is the most common [and least valuable] color...there are several other colors...black, brown, green, red, blue, yellow and purple [as well as variations of those colors]...which can command serious $$$ by themselves if they’re in good condition...hundreds of $$$. Many, if not most, watch nerds don’t care about the box...but I’m one of those watch nerds that does. :D