• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I didn't watch the video, but I can say the "required maintenance" interval on my X-33 has become significantly shorter in the last couple of years.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
The Speedy identified as "a watch that sucks to own..." German girl calls it "a huge pain in the ass to own..."

She’s not wrong about the crown regarding the current 3861 Speedmaster…it can be awkward regarding winding as well as awkward regarding pulling it out to set the time. IMHO the crown is small and recessed for a reason…to minimize possible damage since the Speedmaster is a tool watch. I’ve had my 3861 for a few years and initially it was somewhat difficult to wind due to the smallness of the crown as well as the seals being new. Over time, IMHO it became much easier to wind due to the seals “relaxing”.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Mad Dog, here's a pic of me playing my 1966 Ludwig set with Zildjian cymbals that I bought new in high school, at an outdoor gig with my band last summer. I've been offered well over 4 times what I paid for it in 1967. The round plexiglass discs on stands prevent the sound from the cymbals bleeding into the vocal mics. Oh..........and I'm old school. I play traditional grip.

Rock City drummer.jpg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Mad Dog, here's a pic of me playing my 1966 Ludwig set with Zildjian cymbals that I bought new in high school, at an outdoor gig with my band last summer. I've been offered well over 4 times what I paid for it in 1967. The round plexiglass discs on stands prevent the sound from the cymbals bleeding into the vocal mics. Oh..........and I'm old school. I play traditional grip.

View attachment 39980
Now that’s awesome…you’ve been drumming for a long time…I’ve been drumming for about two weeks…currently taking lessons. What type of drum music do you play? I aspire to play drum music like Metallica/Anthrax/Slayer/Megadeth.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Now that’s awesome…you’ve been drumming for a long time…I’ve been drumming for about two weeks…currently taking lessons. What type of drum music do you play? I aspire to play drum music like Metallica/Anthrax/Slayer/Megadeth.
you had me at Anthrax...

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
I started out in the school concert and marching bands, and bought my first drum set at a pawn shop when I was a sophomore. I got a great deal on this set of Ludwigs and have had them ever since. They're a collector's item now. Never had a lesson. Learned by listening and playing along to albums (vinyl discs - maybe you've heard of them). Through the years, I've played with many groups playing different types of music. For about 20 years before stepping back a couple of years ago, I was on the praise team at my church. The group I'm currently playing with plays mostly rock from the late '60's through the '90's, with a few of what we call "Americana" mixed in (think Sheryl Crow, Linda Ronstadt, etc). Our lead singer is a female with a fantastic voice and the other 4 are some of the most talented musicians I've played with. We try to play something that will appeal to a wide range of people. I'm the oldest member of the band and retired and the others all have real jobs. We started out jamming just for fun and realized we weren't too bad, so we started playing at local coffee houses, private parties, micro-breweries, bars, and restaurants, and now we're starting to gather a following and are often asked how soon we can play a return engagement.