• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Revisiting the servicing question again since my X-33, in the course of a day, now loses minutes by the minute on the movement...

The last time I had it serviced, the San Diego store sent to Seatle, but since it's closer, it seems like Miami would be better this time. Anyone have any reason not to send it to them? This is also the first time I'll be sending it myself since my local boutique closed, so I'm guessing I enclose a letter with the problems and then they reach back out to "bill" me? Yes, I'll mention it's a military watch, but that doesn't always get understood.

I'm a little disappointed about how fast the movement died on me this time. Ironically, the timekeeping component seems to be the most accurate it's ever been.

I've done the "Mail it to Swatch Group USA in New Jersey" for every one of my services and it's worked great. They do a top notch job. Only thing I've ever paid for in 12 years is a new bracelet buckle when the original's spring broke.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I didn't realize New Jersey was still an option. I'll check the service center website again. I'm much rather do that.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yup. Although in the past, someone here reported that the band wasn't included in that. IBB seems to indicate otherwise, so I'm not sure what the real deal is. My clasp has managed to stay intact, so I haven't had to find out.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
So squadron/unit buy watches received lifetime of service with the purchase? Thats awesome.

Yup. I accidentally got my x-33 very wet and totally screwed the movement. Fixed 100% gratis. They’ll do battery replacements free too and fix anything necessary. Quite the good deal.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Pricey but beautiful. Can you not find at a discount in HKG?
Pelagos FXD (the blue one previously and now this) tend to be tougher to find. 10-20% off and no tax was common in 2019, unsure what the market is now. Got an Asian trip coming up so I’ll explore!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It it can’t get wet then why… never mind. ?

HAL has a watch nerd explanation somewhere in this thread. I didn't realize the watch industry over-sold its water resistance badging until he explained it.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Now what did that dude do?

I only watched the initial part of that video because that dude drives me bonkers.
He discussed turning a poorly running Omega into a fine running Omega by using Seiko watch guts. He’s right, I looked it up and all sorts of people goof around with this kind of thing.