• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I for one thought the Moonswatch was a bad idea, devaluing the Omega Speedmaster Pro. Seems I was wrong, proving why I don't work on Madison Ave. Anyone else surprised? Be honest.

Executive summary: "Its (the Speedmaster) extraordinary story reached an even bigger global audience due to this collaboration. The result was and still is a huge surge of interest in the original Speedmaster Moonwatch, with requests in boutiques and searches online. In terms of Speedmaster sales since the launch of the MoonSwatch there was a 50 percent increase globally, on new, current, and vintage models. In fact, even the value of vintage model Speedmasters increased because of the demand."

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I for one thought the Moonswatch was a bad idea, devaluing the Omega Speedmaster Pro. Seems I was wrong, proving why I don't work on Madison Ave. Anyone else surprised? Be honest.

Executive summary: "Its (the Speedmaster) extraordinary story reached an even bigger global audience due to this collaboration. The result was and still is a huge surge of interest in the original Speedmaster Moonwatch, with requests in boutiques and searches online. In terms of Speedmaster sales since the launch of the MoonSwatch there was a 50 percent increase globally, on new, current, and vintage models. In fact, even the value of vintage model Speedmasters increased because of the demand."

Sweet. Nice to know the value of my Moonwatches is holding strong.

I admit I am surprised that it actually increased interest in the genuine article. Would have predicted that was two very different and distinct markets, given the order of magnitude difference in price. But, as I am routinely reminded at work, I know nothing of marketing.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Q: How does an individual become “the world’s coolest church usher”?

A: Wear two vintage Omega Speedmasters for church usher duty.

5C0BAB3D-C998-45CA-AC18-825F225291B3.gif

105.003-64 and 145.022-71 respectively…

758F10E2-547B-4033-9625-B0BF6482A258.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I admit I am surprised that it actually increased interest in the genuine article. Would have predicted that was two very different and distinct markets, given the order of magnitude difference in price. But, as I am routinely reminded at work, I know nothing of marketing.
Ditto.

Rudy.30

Our son is due to be born in March 2023 and I have been cleared by the wife to purchase a watch for him to hand down after he goes out on his own. I know I want a Rolex but am a little torn on which one. I am on the waitlist for the Sub but am considering the new 36mm or the 39mm Explorer and the black bezel GMT Master ii. Does anyone have experience with these watches?

My daily wear is the new Speedmaster 3861 and I have a 7.5 in wrist.

Thoughts?
Submariner?
Explorer 36mm or 39mm?
GMT Master ii black bezel?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Both my CO and myself have the previous gen GMT Batman (116710BLNR). I’ve been wearing it near daily for almost 6 years and it’s been bullet proof. Either a GMT or a Sub would be an awesome watch to pass down.

I have small wrists and the 40mm GMT fits me fine. Unless you are going for a “dressier” look I would say the 39mm Explorer or the GMT/Sub would all be excellent choices, the main difference being the secondary function. Personally I find the GMT hand and the rotating bezel very useful both for flying and while traveling.

Last edited:

Rudy.30

Brilliant execution. "No, no, honey. It's for him."
Thank you. Thank you.. We also had different names picked out and I told her we could go with her name if I could buy him a watch...

Both my CO and myself have the previous gen GMT Batman (116710BLNR). I’ve been wearing it near daily for almost 6 years and it’s been bullet proof. Either a GMT or a Sub would be an awesome watch to pass down.

I have small wrists and the 40mm GMT fits me fine. Unless you are going for a “dressier” look I would say the 39mm Explorer or the GMT/Sub would all be excellent choices, the main difference being the secondary function. Personally I find the GMT hand and the rotating bezel very useful both for flying and while traveling.

Thanks! I reached out to a second hand guy to either find me my birth year Sub or a GMT so fingers crossed. I travel a lot for Navy and work so the multiple time zones would be ideal.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Random watch question: my Bremont is long overdue for servicing. Does anyone have experience with mail-in service for a Bremont watch? Any tips or tricks??
I didn’t see any reply to your post. I’m not familiar with Bremont…but did you contact Bremont regarding their mail-in protocol to their service center? You could also go the local independent watchmaker route [provided they are willing to and qualified to service a Bremont] and save yourself the mail-in routine.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
That's a phenomenal advertisement.

It is. ??

Speaking of emails…why is it impossible to unsubscribe from some emails? Particularly from certain vendors. What are you supposed to do? Hit the reset button and start over with an entirely different email account or something?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
It is. ??

Speaking of emails…why is it impossible to unsubscribe from some emails? Particularly from certain vendors. What are you supposed to do? Hit the reset button and start over with an entirely different email account or something?
You can mark the sender as spam and future email will just go to your junk/spam folder...

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
You can mark the sender as spam and future email will just go to your junk/spam folder...

Thanks, dude. ??

I don’t remember them talking about what you just stated when I was at Apple School in the mall. I dunno…maybe I missed it or something.