• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
So…how about this…

Is there a clock in the pointy end?

If so, what brand of clock is it?
There is a chronometer at the pointy end…it is a Davtron and looks like it would be uncomfortable on the wrist.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Fake astronaut Speedy Tuesday…mad dog fake astronaut action figure sporting 1861 and 3861 Moonwatches…both on Omega NASA straps…

F33D90AD-899B-45C3-B60D-E0261AABB3F5.jpeg

C0CB0EF5-9CCD-46FA-82C9-892276BFAEC4.jpeg

C2206172-DE4E-4AFA-BD28-A7593BCF637F.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
There is a chronometer at the pointy end…it is a Davtron and looks like it would be uncomfortable on the wrist.

I think it’s worth the old college try on the wrist…it just might be comfortable…and you know it’ll look super fabulous.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Panerai makes cool looking watches. I've been wanting to give them a closer look- just don't trust myself to not do something fiscally stupid.
This. I remember watching the show "How it's made" and they were at the Panerai factory and you got to see in detail how these watches are made. Ever since then I've been eyeing them and the desire is strong to buy one.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Not in combat or outside test squadrons as far as I know.

Roger that…I was Googling the crap out of “AH-1” and didn’t see anything listed…then you posted…then I zoomed in on the pic that @ChuckMK23 posted and saw “U.S. Naval Test Pilot School” placarded on the forward area of the fuselage.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Roger that…I was Googling the crap out of “AH-1” and didn’t see anything listed…then you posted…then I zoomed in on the pic that @ChuckMK23 posted and saw “U.S. Naval Test Pilot School” placarded on the forward area of the fuselage.
However there was a Norfolk based squadron, VRF-31, it's mission being to ferry an assortment of aircraft - from jets to helos. As a squadron pilot, generally you were NATOPS qualed in 2 or 3 types. Had a number of HC mates that flew there and as Navy guys, ferried USMC AH-1's as PIC, with generally an enlisted maint sailor/non aircrew up front. Same for UH-1N. Generally helo dudes had opportunity to do "home grown" jet transition, getting non-boat NATOPS qualed in TA-4J, picking up jets to/from depot to squadrons ....

Last edited: