• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Extra points for remembering to zip up before you took the photo…unless your weenie has it’s own Speedy.
Are you in that MENSA club?

If not, you should be.

:D

LATE ENTRY: Except for the part where you said “it’s” instead of “its”…that MENSA club would not approve.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Saw this at the local IWC/Breitling/Omega AD yesterday…they wouldn’t let me touch it since I didn’t go to Top Gun…but they did let me take pictures of it…

28546EBC-CE3B-4765-8BEC-0E972289AB44.jpeg

978DAEB4-8309-4D2F-A0C5-36AA5284614C.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Finally received my beloved 1861 Moonwatch back from the Omega service center where it went for its first servicing since being purchased new in 2015…picked it up at the local Omega AD yesterday…

195CF94D-0541-45E1-9894-B5244DF6C2E1.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Recent acquisition as of a few days ago…a 1971 145.022 Speedmaster 861 with 1175/640 bracelet. Purchased it from a fellow collector at Omega Forums. This is Speedmaster #4 for me and it completes my 321/861/1861/3861 collection which covers the 4 basic movements used in Speedmasters since they were introduced in 1957…

E121E302-BD75-4FB1-810C-7FD62571E6C3.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
First trip for my recently acquired 1971 145.022…with 7-Eleven “heat lamp wings” for breakfast…as well as a 96 ounce box of 7-Eleven joe…

7FAD8CD5-76C3-47AD-80C5-5CA57812AABA.jpeg

A610A0BB-A01B-4CF8-83C8-B9CC5B4FCB46.jpeg

179FE8E0-FAAD-4C3A-95C9-56861B1084F5.jpeg

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Years of academy training…sometimes one day, sometimes two days.
I brought a 20 oz FBO coffee (courtesy of Signature at RDU, fresh ground, quality beans, served by attractive female CSR) on my flight in the Cessna from RDU - to home field. Solo. Had to resort to the gallon zip lock bag in my flight kit for relief. Cruising in NAV and ALT mode at 5000', seat slid back all the way, un-buckled. It was a fucking disaster. Thank god I pack micro-fiber cloths (yellow ones from Costco). I wear Kuhl pants for duty use and I could not get the geometry right. I managed to get 95% the bag but lets just say spray/spillage was an issue and bio decom protocol was used on postflight. I need to redo my PQS for in-flight relief.

But I do love coffee and flying. Goes together!!! I was all about my thermos during my IP days at HT-18, but I got a negative student review and skipper Mike Coleman (best CO I ever had) put the kabosh on it! He was a Marine O-6 and what I loved about him is he encouraged me to wear my Aviation Greens during the winter months when we held squadron formations at he the NASWF tennis courts! (I looked awesome in them - and I loved the looks I got from Marine SNA's who were like - "what the fuck")

BONUS ChuckMK23 story - on my HAC cruise, I had the habit of leaving my squadron coffee mug in maintenance control. It was usually returned to my stateroom, but I think I pissed off the maint chief and it disappeared one day, after it fell off a filing cabinet, all over the ADB's. Well the mug dispapeared. I was also the Nuke Weps officer and on the final loading drill (months later) of the deployment, the mug was returned to me with it attached to a B57 nuclear weapon/gravity bomb practice shape with a stern note from the troops who worked in maint control! I still have said mug! I want to hear others coffee and relief stories (that means you @Brett327 !!)

1667527663484.png

Last edited: