• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which Ride?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I have a 2017 Audi A4. My first German car. It's a fun little scooter. In old man mode I can get almost 38 MPG on the interstate. In Sport mode the revs go up along with the fun factor. My only regret is I didn't buy an S4 when I had the chance. The A4 makes driving these NC mountain roads loads of fun.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I've owned in my life:
-89 Toyota tercel
-saturn
-vw Jetta
-nissan frontier
-toyota Tacoma
-accord
-silverado

In hindsight I wish I had just put the taco in storage when I went FDNF and kept driving it when I got home.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Because I have no driveway and no garage and finding on street parking is like a daily episode of Thunderdome, I am currently sporitng a splendedly ordinary VW Jetta wagon. Gets fantastic mileage, is easy to keep up and was paid for in cash off the lot. So, it works.

Lady Griz drives a despicable little Mini Cooper that has a hard time getting from 50 to 60 on an interstate ramp, isn't that great on mileage, and because it is a BMW side product costs a small fortune to replace anything. I can't wait for that thing to die. Oh, and, every button and knob in that thing is poorly placed! Did I mention I can't wait for it to die?

In my driving lifetime:

'68 MGB
'72 Triumph Spitfire
'80's vintage Triumph Tiger motorcycle
'88 Dodge Minivan (also had a '44 Willy's MB for fun)
'95 Volvo wagon
'09 Audi A5 convertable (I miss that car)
'18 VW Jetta wagon

GroundPounder

My recreational ride…a 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT…no mods…original owner…purchased new in 2001...

View attachment 31978

My daily ride…a 2007 Ford Police Interceptor…mods…original owner…purchased new in 2007…

NOTE: During Delta pilot furlough, I became a Cincinnati Police Officer and I drove Ford Police Interceptors on patrol…and that’s what introduced me to Ford Police Interceptors…so I bought a new one.

View attachment 31980

Off topic question for you. If you found yourself in the same situation today, at the age you were then, would you go to work in LE?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Off topic question for you. If you found yourself in the same situation today, at the age you were then, would you go to work in LE?
That’s a very good question, sir. To be honest, I believe I would. I had always wanted to be a cop…since I was a wee lad in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

LATE ENTRY: In my humble opinion, LE is one of the most honorable professions on the planet. I’m very grateful and feel honored to have done it.

Last edited:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
So…do you dudes (and dudettes) cruise/show your ride(s)? I do. Pics below from a few minutes ago at a local Friday cruise I regularly attend…took the rain car today…my daily driver 2007 Ford Police Interceptor (P71). Nobody likes to park next to me because my P71 is generally considered “not cool”. I say they can eat shit sandwiches. ?

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
So…do you dudes (and dudettes) cruise/show your ride(s)? I do. Pics below from a few minutes ago at a local Friday cruise I regularly attend…took the rain car today…my daily driver 2007 Ford Police Interceptor (P71). Nobody likes to park next to me because my P71 is generally considered “not cool”. I say they can eat shit sandwiches. ?

View attachment 32021

View attachment 32022

View attachment 32023
You trying to hang out with those kids and their loud Hondas?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I always admired the e46 M3, but it made no practical sense to pay the extra cost for the increase in performance that I couldn't really use except on a track, not to mention the extra Mx. Fast forward to 2016 and this was essentially a modern version of the e46 M3 (minus the LSD, which was also an option), and minus the added Mx of the F87 M car (with apparently considerably better ride comfort).

31114605662_b127c68d2f_h.jpg

When I bought it, it was also the first time I didn't own a manual because this car was actually more fun to drive with an automatic transmission (in manual mode).

31222455996_81d013d7b6_h.jpg

It does suffer from one issue, which is the DSC allows you to be sloppy on entry into and exit from corners, but when you nail a driving line without it, it's very satisfying. Also, many complain about the wheel fitment, despite them being staggered 18"s, and I agree. But I get over it when I'm driving and can't see the rear wheel wells.

27358770025_7c0687a6f2_h.jpg

51376544136_85094a8a4a_h.jpg