• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where old planes go when they "die"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks for the history lesson, A4s. I couldn't remember which cat was the second F-9F-8. I have a line diagram of all the Naval Aviation Jets that's framed. I could have used that to reference. But wait, my household goods STILL aren't here yet!!! Don't ever go w/ Hawaiian Moving Company, I tells ya.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
gatordev said:
....... But wait, my household goods STILL aren't here yet!!! Don't ever go w/ Hawaiian Moving Company, I tells ya.
You are right --- Don't EVER go with Moke Moving and Stealing/Storage Company .... :) ... my Dad got most of them their start in the '50's (!).

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OK young'uns. This isn't as old as the F-9 but it is obscure. Sorry I don't have a photo from the boneyard so you can cheat and look up buno/side numbers. There are two of them at DM and they are even by the perimeter fence for all to see.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
wink said:
OK young'uns. This isn't as old as the F-9 but it is obscure. Sorry I don't have a photo from the boneyard so you can cheat and look up buno/side numbers. There are two of them at DM and they are even by the perimeter fence for all to see.
OOH, OOH, CALL ON ME, TEACH, CALL ON ME!!!! IKNOWITIKNOWIT!!!!
T-46. Is that all you got? I didn't even look up the BUNO's.
t-46-prototype.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah ... easy for you to say ... but what's a Navy single seat F-9 look like .... still bustin' chops .... 'cause I can .... ALOHA

happysmall2kj.gif

nfo2b

Hmmm...Good one...Cougar or Panther?
Panther:
f9f%20panther.jpg

Cougar:
F-9%20Cougar.jpg

Or, perhaps this one is closer to your era :icon_tong :
h77426.jpg
(F9C-2 Sparrowhawk)

As always...
5781c7245fedb21fad3aa92195fec96e.jpg

nfo2b

This one's for you, A4s...
F8winglets.jpg

Can you spot the "Oh-$hit" in this picture?
Don't hurt yourself! ;)

BTW, A4s, I've been meaning to ask you...
Do you own/operate/belong to this: http://www.skyhawk.org/ ?
Fantastic and fascinating site.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
And here I had such hopes for you .... and then you just dash it to smithereens (whatever smithereens are) .... VMF(AW)-235.

Please refer to (my) post # 24 on the following thread: UNUSUAL VIETNAM MiG KILLS .....

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9670&page=1&pp=40

So the boys thought they could "take out" A4's ...... Again .... I weep for the future of Naval Aviation ..... *sigh*

kurtzkurtz7yl.jpg

*edit* your Skyhawk link ... I'm there but I don't run it. Good link.

nfo2b

Aw, c'mon gramps, don't lose faith in me now!
Allow me to present this to you as a gift...a "special" gift from me to you...
I figured it's apropos, given your current and previous occupations...

dvorak.jpg

BTW, thanks for pointing that thread out. I hadn't seen it...wasn't having a good day/week/month back in January, so didn't spend much time here. Intersting thread!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
nfo2b said:
OOH, OOH, CALL ON ME, TEACH, CALL ON ME!!!! IKNOWITIKNOWIT!!!!
T-46. Is that all you got? I didn't even look up the BUNO's.
t-46-prototype.jpg

Nicely done. Fairchild design to replace the Tweet in the early '80s. Because of cost the USAF changed its mind and it was cancelled around 1984 after congress tried to shove it down the AFs throat. Sen Barry Goldwater, retired ANG BGEN, stood on the floor of the Senate and brow beat his fellow senators for trying to tell the AF to buy something it didn't want. Three were built, two are at DM.

nfo2b

Okay, now I've got one for you, um, "senior" guys.
A4s, perhaps I can redeem myself here? ;)
What aircraft is this, and how many models were there? Crew size?
Man, this is too much fun!
:D

Attachments

• name_this_plane.jpg
    name_this_plane.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 71

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is an AF Guardian. I'm to lazy to look up the rest, but as I recall the crew size was three.