• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's your favorite micro brew

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dos Perros is amazing, have not had any in over 2 years, need to go back to Nashville for more!

My favorite changes all the time, but right now I've fallen back in love with Kona's Pipeline Porter. I was back in Baltimore for a couple days over leave staying with friends and I nearly peed myself with excitement when I saw they had 6 packs in the liquor store.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Deschutes Brewery and I have a rather schizophrenic relationship. Their beer is either absolutely divine or totally horrible. That said, my short list is:

Amber Ale:
Hale's Ales Red Menace

Porter:
Deschutes Black Butte Porter

Stout:
Deschutes Obsidian Stout

With special mention to Deschutes' Hop in the Dark CPA.

Anything lighter than an amber ale is blasphemy, and light beer is swill to be consumed by Communists.

phrogpilot73

I was back in Baltimore for a couple days over leave staying with friends and I nearly peed myself with excitement when I saw they had 6 packs in the liquor store.
It's available everywhere, because the Kona brewing company is now owned by InBev/Anheiser Busch...

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Anyone pick up the Trader Joe's Holiday Ale? This is the first year I've lived near enough to one to get it, but it will be an annual tradition for me from now on. It is a Belgian Strong Dark Ale brewed by Unibroue and at $4.99 for a 750ml bottle is a fantastic buy. It is also supposed to age well...I'm going to try to put a dozen bottles away for a year.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
It's available everywhere, because the Kona brewing company is now owned by InBev/Anheiser Busch...

Did they buy the brewery or just the distribution system? Back in the early 90's Redhook got in bed with AB and was able to leverage their distro system and thus build a brewery on the east coast and do a much wider distro without having to invest a lot.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Stinky's stout was a little flat last time, but my wife sure enjoyed Battle Phrog's cider.
Break Break.... Not a micro per se, but as far as drinkability goes in large quantities, I'll put Newcastle up against any pretentious upstart brewery... I had 3 kegs of it at my wedding.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Kona Coffee Stout at Desert Edge Brewery in Salt Lake City, only available in the fall and not bottled. Also, the Indian Basin Wheat at the Wellhead Brewpub in Artesia, NM - best wheat beer I've ever had: a perfect blend of American and Belgian styles and also, tragically, not bottled.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Not a micro per se, but as far as drinkability goes in large quantities, I'll put Newcastle up against any pretentious upstart brewery... I had 3 kegs of it at my wedding.

Ugh - Snickers bar in a keg.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I'm nonplussed at this besmirchment of Newcastle! Color me indignant!

Well, they call it taste for a reason. If you have none it's not my fault ;)

I'm more of a hop guy but we have the local Fordham brewing Oyster Stout that us very good too.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout by Kiuchi brewery... wicked expensive, hard to find. Mackeson XXX Stout is a tasty sweet one too..