• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's with all the HELO slots!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

You are gonna be a true badass when you launch a turning wheel at someone when your NFO tells you to fire a weapon!!! *grins*

Jack

What, you havent heard of the new Firestone steel radial air to air missile? That same NFO, however, will be bringing breakfast to my stateroom after I get his bacon back on the boat on a dark stormy night. [8D]

There's also a good story about a Prowler pilot jettisoning the aft canopy while trying to reach under his seat to get ahold of the relief tube. One of the lines from a preshcarged nitrogen bottle that is stored in the nose wheel well runs under the pilot's seat, coincidentally next to the piss tube. The pilot couldn't get the piss tube to come out of its little lock so he gave it a good tug. Well, turns out he had ahold of the line that carried pre-charged nitrogen to the aft canopy incase it needed to be jettisoned. Needless to say, ECMO 2 and 3 were a bit suprised.

ghost_ttu

Jack, do us a favor and go to the restroom prior to flying. Or take a gatorade bottle, your passengers will appreciate it!

ProwlerPilot

pilot
I think that you would rather have Jack take a shower prior to flying rather than relieve himself. He didn't get the callsign "Pigpen" for nothing!

djams111

First thing...I got accepted to the Seaman to Admiral program last year and all I've ever wanted to do for the 4 years I've been in the Navy is to fly. It doesn't matter what,,,,just to be up there at the controls. I've been up a few times in a helo and they seem really cool. How coveted are the helo slots? How does the pipeline work anyway????? When and how do you get to decide which platform you want? I'm getting PRK in 3 months so I can pass the physical, and I'm about to take the ASTB. I've got the study guide. Any tips for the test? Any other good things to study before then? -----and one last question....> I've heard that Pilot Flight training is one of the most academically difficult things you can encounter.....So, in preparation, what should I study?-local ground school at the airport?-or what?
By the way, this is a great site....

everyone is a big help!

ProwlerPilot

pilot
djams,

You go through API first, about 6 weeks, which is just academics. (engines, weather, aerodynamics, etc.) You then go to a primary squadron for the T-34 flight training. After the syllabus there (6-8 months when I went through) you are told what you will fly. (Props, Jets, or Helos). It is based on your grades and the always tormenting "needs of the Navy". Jets are the hardest to get, then E-2/C-2, then props, then helos. So in reality, if you want to fly a helo, it isn't that hard to get them. The needs of the Navy might bite you, but usually not.

Status
Not open for further replies.