• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's with all the HELO slots!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

gator, I hope you don't do what happened to one of my brother's air force buddies. The guy went to clean the plane and evidently the pilot left his liquid disposal bag in the cockpit. I think if I were a maintenance guy I'd rather you just break something.

ghost_ttu

well the airman that this happened to had some pretty big brass, it happened to be a major and the airman just said "Sir you left your bag" and the major started to walk off, and the airman ran to him and said "Sir could you please take your liquid bag with you?" and the guy went and got it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
quote:
well the airman that this happened to had some pretty big brass, it happened to be a major and the airman just said "Sir you left your bag" and the major started to walk off, and the airman ran to him and said "Sir could you please take your liquid bag with you?" and the guy went and got it.

Good for the airman...that's unsat to leave that for the maintainers. Hell, you owe a guy a soda (when on a ship mind you) if you just leave your checklist in there.

One fun piddle pack activity is to pull out the sponge before doing your dirty business. When your done, you can seal the bag, but then take your water bottle and wet the sponge that you took out. If someone in the back is pissing you off, you can throw said sponge (which is nice and wet) at the individual. This will shut him up pretty quick.

Jack

When people stop bitching, they stop caring. Devin, in order to leave your NATOPS PCL in the cockpit that would mean that you actually carried one to aircrat with you. Thats what ECMO one is for, all I'll carry with me is a knee board for the crossword puzzle. No joke, not required to carry a PCL or NAVBAG full of goodies. That's considered stepping on ECMO 1's toes.

Jack

P.S. I can't realistically see myself not going flying without a PCL.

Naval Aviator, Prowlers.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well, that's certainly a different way of doing things. We ususally only have one PCL out, usually we both still bring one.

Jack, I'm curious if you know anything about Kevin O. or Rory D. I ran into Nick H. in San Diego (he's flying S-3's now) and he said he instructed Kevin a couple of times during BI's. That was the last I heard. Do you know what either of them got? Just curious.

Jack

Devin, Kevin got stashed at Great Lakes after commissioning, as did Rory, Sarah, Brian, and Marcus. Rory got softwinged last month in Kingsville and is being made to wait until the new fiscal year to select and get designated. Brian, Marcus, and Kevin are all about 2-3 months from wings. Maybe a little longer for Brian.

Nick was actually one of my inital fam onwings in T-2s. That was a lot of fun, frustrating for him I'm sure. Meridian seems to be the hotbed for May '00 Gators. Myself, kevin, brian, and marcus. Then there is the next year's class. Mark G and Nate R are up there as well. There are also 5-8 PLC Marines. It was a lot of fun during football season.

Sarah and Kevin C were the only pilot types from our class to go rotory. Matt P and Jose G are up here at the RAG with me as ECMOs. They are almost complete.

Jack aka Pigpen.

Naval Aviator, Prowlers.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
quote:
Jack, where did Kevin C end up at? Is he flying 53s?

Last I heard Kevin C got Mayport (60B's). I heard that from a guy out in the RAG w/ me in San Dog who winged w/ him.

Thanks for the update, Jack. I knew Sara was out at HS-10...I think she got there right about the time I went to SERE, so I never saw her. Mari, it's my understanding she is staying in San Dog, right? Say hi from me if you see her.

Just think, my sorry excuse for teaching Nav to you guys was just four short years ago...<shudder>.

Jack

Devin, the thought of you teaching us Nav and Nick teaching me how to fly the ball. Yikes...

P.S. Rory got married last December and they are now expecting their first child the middle of '03. Yeah, thanks for the update on Kevin C. I went through API and Primary with him.

Pigpen

Darren Avila

I just have a quick question for all of the helo pilots. Assuming I even make it through Primary, I figure I'll end up getting helos. The new 60R seems cool, and I like their mission, but I'd much rather fly a 53. What's the story with ending up with those? Are those slots highly sought after or competitive? Do most 53 drivers like their job? Will that end up being career suicide because they'll eventually get phased out?

Ray

I know a guy who was in the HC squadron in Sigonella. He said it was really awsome. Sort of like being a P3 pilot with the per diem and all.

Honk if you demand satisfaction.

Dave Shutter

Jack...you said the Prowler pilot doesn't call the ball. I'm getting the whole CRM thing in the 4 seater, but shouldn't he be the one guy who should say wether or not he sees it?

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
Hey Mr. Avila, how are thing for you in Primary. You have any 7 course Irish meals lately?

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Jack

Originally posted by Dave Shutter
Jack...you said the Prowler pilot doesn't call the ball. I'm getting the whole CRM thing in the 4 seater, but shouldn't he be the one guy who should say wether or not he sees it?

One would think so. I had my first sim this morning, finally, and boy is this a whole different kind of piloting. We shot a couple of high-penetrating TACAN approaches. The first wierd thing is that I didnt have an approach plate. The second wierd thing was having someone else run my displays for me (of course he kept screwing it away so I ended up doing myself). Finally third, talk about being a stick monkey, I turn when he ( ECMO 1) says turn, climb when he says climb, etc...

Funny story. The button that controls the nosewheel steering in the Prowler is where the pickle button in the T-45 was and vice versa. I almost taxied off of the concrete this morning trying to get the damned NWS to kick on, of course I was just clicking away on the pickle button. Creature of habit...

Status
Not open for further replies.