• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's happening to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
wildflyin69 said:
Yeah, that happened to me...she kept pressuring me to drop this Marine "sillyness". I told her not to make me choose...well, long story short I'm happily single now and applying for OCC 186. :icon_mi_1

It sounds like you're better off single! "Marine sillyness"? That's crazy! I'm giving you a high five for giving her the boot. :)

flynglthrnk

USMC PLC
Sorry! I knew that post would bring me hell.
To jdfairman, Thanks for clearing that up about women and G's, I find it rather interesting, but don't get hostile, I said I had only heard it and said it could be the other way around for all I know, which it turned out to be.
To kevin, about the M-16 thing, well... I guess I am a weirdo, or maybe just sarcastic.

CandKyMarine

You all need to go get drunk and get laid. Here's news for you: OCS sucks, and TBS is worst. You'll spend your first 2 years as a JO wishing you had someone to come home to.

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
Oh man, thats funny. Thats probably what a lot of guys here wanted to post but just didn't want to be the one to break the news. And its your first post!
BTW, it would be great having someone to write to during OCS or come to see you during liberty. So don't go ending all your relationships before you go. Maybe after...

jfk

ChrisAg05 said:
I was in the car with my sister yesterday and she asked me that question girls like to ask guys when there is silence, "What are you thinking about?" I looked at her and said, "If there is ever any doubt as to what I'm thinking about, assume its the Marine Corps, because 90% of the time it will be."

i love it!

reapergm

If someone does come visit you on libo... how much free time would you really have? I mean, I would love for my girl to come visit me when I head down there... but aren't you SWAMPED with stuff to do during that "FREE" time? Im just afraid that I might lose focus if she came down. Have to go through the whole "goodbye" process again. I think I might rather tell her to wait it out. But Im not even in yet, so I shouldnt worry about that shiat now. :-p

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
our libo was about 24 hrs.... depending on when we were done with inspections. Be smart and use liberty wisely..... eat, sleep and study. I usually took a taxi with some other females. We'd get dinner and usually just hit the rack after that (either in a hotel or the squad bay) because we were so tired. I'd sleep in on Sunday, hit church, the PX and square away my trash for the coming week.

I wouldn't recommend having a girl visit because she'll just screw with your emotions (and you'll already be stressed as hell!). There were girls in my platoon who spent liberty with their guys. It seemed like it just made training that much harder because they were always thinking about their guys. You also have to be careful about any affection you show ANYWHERE on base because you are CONSTANTLY watched....yes, even on liberty. You'll be in khakis and a polo so EVERYONE knows who the candidates are.

Just my 2 cents.

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
No, you're not swamped. You might have fire watch. But its so worth it to have your girlfriend come down for that day and a half. Mine did through Juniors and Seniors and thank God she did. Definitely gives you something to look forward to. Yeah, it might screw with your emotions a little bit on Sunday afternoon, but you get over it quickly when you step foot back in the squad bay.

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
Pat- I'm glad things worked out for you! I guess I forgot that girls tend to be more emotional when it comes to stuff like that.

I guess it's also good to point out that everyone reacts different.

phishnguy

marines on the mind

I completely empathize with all of you! I am going OCC 186 as an SNA and think about it more than life itself. I am sooo ready to get started. It's weird how most people think of going into the Marines as such a negative thing. We see it as a dream come true, really the coolest job around. Don't feel bad everybody, what you're all saying gives me confidence that the board selected all the right people!

eeerrrrrrr

big

USNA Class of 2008
Same thing has recently just happened to me. I wanted to be in the Navy as a sub officer or NFO, but recently I've become totally obsessed with the Marine Corps and now I can't think of anything other than becoming an officer in the USMC. It's totally consuming my life in every way and also helping to motivate me even more at school (I'm a college freshman with 3.66 GPA, looking at 4.0 for this semester now w00t).

I haven't talked to a recruiting officer yet about PLC but I really want it.

rahall79

Big--
You have hit the most important nail on the head. Your education. Keep your grades up. Sounds like you are doing a great job. =u ) You can go to PLC after your sophmore year. And be sure to talk to an OSO not an enlisted recruiter. Good Luck, hope to see you in the fleet some day. IF you have any questions about the application process..this is a great place, or you can email or instant message me.

manny7_99

hmm

SLU_fly_girl said:
Pat- I'm glad things worked out for you! I guess I forgot that girls tend to be more emotional when it comes to stuff like that.

I guess it's also good to point out that everyone reacts different.

I dont think girls are more emotional. In fact I agree with you, a bf/gf may be an unnecessary distraction. Yet again, different people, different tastes. Just make sure you guys do what's right for you and you only. In my case I know girls would just screw my plans up.
Semper FI

Status
Not open for further replies.