• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's happening to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVSURob

Greetings,

About 6-7 months ago I decided civilian jobs suck and I was going to join the service... after about a month or two I found this website, and before I knew it was the "home page" on my web browser. After I went to the local OSO for the first time I really started to get motivated and began working out, running, etc... now it has almost become religion to me - wake up and run... go to school, stop at the gym on the way home and work out, study for school, study for the ASTB, etc.
Last night (Saturday night) my friends called and asked me to go hang out or whatever and although I really didn't feel like drinking they talked me into going out... I ended up meeting and talking to one of the hottest girls I've ever met. She gave me her phone number and wants to go out sometime next week, but the ironic thing is... the only thing I could think about on the drive home (I had 3 beers all night F.Y.I.) was what kind of responses I would have to the post I left on airwarriors before going out for the night. My buddy even called me on the way home and asked "dude did you get her phone number?" which means she was on his mind... but why wasn't she on my mind?? What's happening to me, I'm thinking of the Marines more than girls and I'm a 24 year old single male? I know I'm not gay, but does anyone else suffer from this one track mind/dream that I call the dream to be an officer in the Marines? There's no way I could talk about this with my friends, I've tried before but they just don't understand. I'm asking for somebody to say something so I know I'm not alone...even though I don't really care if I am.

Cheers!

Robert Mathey
Grand Rapids, MI

I'm the same way... (and I'm from GR too... and go to Grand Valley... haha) anyway, it's not really that I'm not interested, it's more like I don't really have that much time to give to guys and I feel like I almost really can't get involved with anyone now since I'm graduating in two months and (hopefully) leaving for the marines soon after. So, I feel like whatever I would find would have to just be a fling because they most likely wont just follow me around... and it'd be sad if I really started likeing them and then had to leave them. So I'm almost kinda programed now to look at guys as friends for a while... guess maybe I'm trying to protect myself from getting hurt???

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
haha you're not alone, man. Personally, I don't want to have to deal with all the nonsense and drama that goes along with dating some broad. The absolute last thing I need right now is distractions, I'm too afraid it will trip me up when I'm so close to my goal. Not to mention I have no free time and am too exhausted to be in a relationship. Getting in a relationship isn't even a consideration until I get TBS behind me.

Hmmm, my post sounds sad now that I read it out loud. lol

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Girls come and go my friend. I know how you feel, I'm 24, already a naval officer, yet I'm focusing all my energy on transfering to the CEC. I'm in frickin' San Diego for crying out loud, yet all I can think about is where my career will take me next.

Bottom line? Too young to settle down my man, too young.

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
What does being in a relationship or being married have to do with applying for the Marine Corps. We're talking about having to keep in shape and fill out some applications and tests.
The Marine Corps is on your mind 24/7 because its the new thing in your life. Its a huge step, and will change your life for at least the next 4 years after you leave for OCC. You SHOULD be thinking about it a lot, so that you know its the right thing for you and not something you just thought up that you think will be cool. So don't worry.
As far as meeting the hottest girl you've ever met and she gave you her # and you don't care? Yeah, thats a little weird.
BTW, i had a g/f all through TBS, flight school, got married after winging, and couldn't be happier. So, "my man", I wasn't too young to settle down.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Pat1USMC said:
BTW, i had a g/f all through TBS, flight school, got married after winging, and couldn't be happier. So, "my man", I wasn't too young to settle down.

Different strokes for different folks. As long as you're happy, good on ya. I was just relating to GVSURob.

utrico

Applying for OCS
Why don't you give me her number. I run during the day so I should be able to take care of your girl at night.

reapergm

I recently started dating this girl. About 2 months ago. Its hard. I told her upfront that I would be doing whatever it takes to be a Marine Officer, and that I wont let someone get in the way of that. She understood. And shes been really supportive. I still get done with what I have to get done. Its hard, but worth it. I dont know what will happen when I leave for OCS, but Ill deal with it then. But yeah, I have a one track mind. Good thing she comes from a military family and understands the obsession!

GVSURob

It's nice to see that there are other people in the same boat as me, now I don't feel so weird. As far as females go, it's not like im not attracted to them anymore, its just weird that for once in my life they're not the first thing oh my mind. Keep up the hard work everyone!

Robert Mathey
Grand Rapids, MI

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
No... its weird. If you would rather think about The Big Suck than a hot chick, you need to have your brain housing group examined. Either way, good luck w/ OCS and TBS. May you find it as enjoyable as you expect. OORAH.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
jdfairman said:
No... its weird. If you would rather think about The Big Suck than a hot chick, you need to have your brain housing group examined. Either way, good luck w/ OCS and TBS. May you find it as enjoyable as you expect. OORAH.

Heh. Fair enough.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Hm. Seems to me you'll get enough of the Marines soon enough if you want it. I'd try to have fun while you have the free time.

cricechex

LOL...airwarrioritis...LOL,LOL,LOL. hahahahaha....:) That is the funniest thing I have heard thus far....Just because it is true!

I do agree with what you all are saying about putting girls second. I am only 21, but I have met too many guys that have been burned by women who wanted them to give up the military only to lose the military and the girl in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.