• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's happening to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
just to let yall know, the feelings are mutual! :icon_wink I'm preparing to return to Srs this summer and haven't really given a guy the time of day since October. I realize I may be missing out on some great guys, but let's face it, guys won't get me through OCS and I can't depend on a guy to get me in my jet :icon_smil ....okay, probably helo....but in any case, I can't depend on a guy for it. nothing personal, it's just my philosophy!

GVSURob

SLU fly girl you rock! best of luck to you! I love it... "I can't depend on a guy to get my in my jet" :)

flynglthrnk

USMC PLC
If the Corps wanted you to have a woman, they'd issue you one. Or, you don't need no teenage queen you just need your M-16. Also, refering to the girl in the jet. I don't think a woman's body by nature can withstand the amount of G-forces as a man, but I just heard that, could be the other way around for all I know but it makes sense to me.

You probably just think I'm sexist now, sorry not trying to offend any girls out there!!!

ChrisAg05

I was in the car with my sister yesterday and she asked me that question girls like to ask guys when there is silence, "What are you thinking about?" I looked at her and said, "If there is ever any doubt as to what I'm thinking about, assume its the Marine Corps, because 90% of the time it will be."

Zeo

My airwarrioritis is only rivaled by my marineocsitis. I just passed my flight physical today, and signed my contract for 186. So I'm afraid it's only gonna get worse.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
You know... the other day I was thinking. (scary... I know). Well anyway I was just thinking to myself, "Self...how can shows like "Will and Grace" and "Queer eye" possible make it?" Now I know. NOW!!!... I'm certainly not going to imply that I am the best Marine lieutenant that I hang around with, but I'm definitely in the top ten. And if I said that I didn't spend a significant amount of my free time in high school as well as college drinking beer and chasing tail, I'd be a damn liar. Enjoy it while you can folks... Trust me. At some point you more than likely will end up married I know I know... as a young Marine I always said, "Yeah, that'll be the day." But hey, it happened. Go live a little. A Marine can't survive on PT and SOS alone.

KILL

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Oh yeah... and to the gentleman who commented on women not being able to take G's. Totally incorrect. Saw a video of a girl in one of the centrifuges. Ol' girl took 10.5 G's and never batted a damn eye.

rahall79

Thank You JDFAIRMAN for enlightening us. =u ) And I definitely understand what you guys mean. Especially SLUGIRL. (Another female here) Why get involved when you are leaving in a few months anyway?

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
I just got back from an aviation conference. I met roughly 7 female aviators (including the first female marine aviator..... OORAH!!!).... 2 fly the C-130, 3 fly 53s and 2 fly the F18. I'm sure jets aren't very popular among the females for whatever reason, but IT CAN BE DONE. Thankfully, I have role models to keep my motivation alive.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
GVSURob said:
Greetings...

What's happening to me, I'm thinking of the Marines more than girls and I'm a 24 year old single male? I know I'm not gay, but does anyone else suffer from this one track mind/dream that I call the dream to be an officer in the Marines? I'm asking for somebody to say something so I know I'm not alone...even though I don't really care if I am.

obert Mathey
Grand Rapids, MI

Ha! My boyfriend was the same way! And I'm hot!!! He really should have been a little more focused on me, but once he got serious about the Navy, the Navy became his girlfriend. :( But alas, he went to OCS and got beat up a little by his newer girlfriend (The Navy). So I think he's back to liking me a little more now... :) We'll see! I'm applying for an SNA slot now too... so... I have to admit, I think about it a lot too. :)

~Crystal

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any girl who wants you to give up your dream to be with her isn't worth your time! When my boyfriend decided to become a Naval Aviator, I did everything I could to support his dream, even though I knew it would make things really hard, if not impossible for us. I would never, NEVER want to keep him from his dreams... If a girl requests that you quit the military, she's more interested in making herself happy than you and a relationship like that is just not going to work. Plus, even if you did drop the military for her, you'd probably end up resenting her for a long time after that, and rightfully so. Stick with your dreams! The right girl is the girl who wants to fit into your dreams and mesh hers with yours... not the one who makes you abandon your dreams. Trust me on this!

cricechex said:
LOL...airwarrioritis...LOL,LOL,LOL. hahahahaha....:) That is the funniest thing I have heard thus far....Just because it is true!

I do agree with what you all are saying about putting girls second. I am only 21, but I have met too many guys that have been burned by women who wanted them to give up the military only to lose the military and the girl in the end.

kevin

jdfairman: agreed. hornet pilot told me women on average can actually can take more g's then a guy, partly to do with body structure (shorter is better, less distance for blood to be pumped) and estrogen improving blood flow. dont know if any formal studies have been done on this, but that's what he said.

kevin

oh ya, and let me agree with you on one other point. not to be judgemental, but thinking about an m-16 more than the hottest girl you've ever met is weird....perhaps clinically weird.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
crysmc said:
Any girl who wants you to give up your dream to be with her isn't worth your time! When my boyfriend decided to become a Naval Aviator, I did everything I could to support his dream, even though I knew it would make things really hard, if not impossible for us. I would never, NEVER want to keep him from his dreams... If a girl requests that you quit the military, she's more interested in making herself happy than you and a relationship like that is just not going to work. Plus, even if you did drop the military for her, you'd probably end up resenting her for a long time after that, and rightfully so. Stick with your dreams! The right girl is the girl who wants to fit into your dreams and mesh hers with yours... not the one who makes you abandon your dreams. Trust me on this!

Yeah, that happened to me...she kept pressuring me to drop this Marine "sillyness". I told her not to make me choose...well, long story short I'm happily single now and applying for OCC 186. :icon_mi_1

Status
Not open for further replies.