• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's happening to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustball

2nd LT
All of you that think that it would not be beneficial to have your boyfriend/girlfriend visit are just plain wrong. I thought that same thing until about the third week and all anybody could think about was their girlfriend. OCS is a tough time and you will need to have all the support you can get. I remember when some of the guys in my platoon had their girlfriends come out and the rest of us were just plain wishing ours were there. Bottom line, don't think you are going to know how you will feel when you get there because you don't know.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
Here is some advice to take it for what it cost ya. This doesn't just relate to only the girl issue either. When it comes to flying and the Marines, be careful to not get too overly crazy about flying that you can't see the big picture. For some, it is all there is to life. Fly or die. I hope it works out for everyone that wants to do it. I have always wanted to fly ever since I can remember, but after being in the Marines for over seven years, and I only in the reserves at that, you learn that the needs of the Corps come first. And all I mean by that is to keep an open mind about it. It sounds like you have a pretty one track mind and that's not all bad. It will get a long way and its almost necessary for the demands of the job (being a pilot). I just suggest, only if you haven't already, take some time to think about the fact that you might end up as a supply officer (my worst nightmare) and that is the truth. It probably will never happen, but in any case, if you have accepted the fact that it could, one, you won't have a crisis on your hands when it does, and two, it will probably help you perform better anyways. Further, just be careful that you don't burn yourself out. Being a Marine is only a part of your life. The best officers are the one's that are well rounded. It's hard to be a good leader when you can't relate to real life. Something else to think about. All that being said, you'll be fine. As it was already mentioned, youll soon enough get your fill of it and the one track mind will probably desire a break. Good luck and hope you reach your goals.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I concur with semperfi1812. I know we're all supposed to be motivated at OCS, and that's what we need to be to get through, but the real Marine Corps is not 0530 PT, drill, humps, etc. It's a part of life just like everything else. Just like those who look into flying. I want to be a pilot so bad that it hurts, but I also know that's not who I am, rather just what I do. That way, in case something were to ever happen to me physically or my flight slot be taken away, I wouldn't be left out in the dark. I would still be me. Yea, I would be dissappointed and wish things were different, but it's about not putting all your eggs in one basket. Being well-rounded will go a long way. My $.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.