• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What was your work experience prior to applying to OCS?

Worked for Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard as a Civilian Engineer. Worked Submarine and Surface Combatant maintanence (CG, DDG, and FFG). Leave for OCS on 27 Nov.

Robby

Mmm... Butter Bars
I was applying for the board last April, during my senior year of undergrad. When it was cancelled, I realized that I was going to graduate with just a part-time job at Lowe's. I searched fervently for job openings and was fortunate to land the job I have now- Operations Supervisor in the freight transportation industry. Prior to the oh so rewarding career lined up at Lowe's, I waited tables, sold cell phones, parked cars, led a group of second graders in summer school in the public school district, and my personal favorite: parking lot attendant. None of them were in any way glamorous, but they sure did teach me many things!

Sheriff's Deputy for almost two years. Worked my first year in that while finishing up undergrad at Alabama. Graduated in may.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
I've worked in various jobs since I was 14, but I currently work as a Web Developer for the Aerospace Network at the Univ. of North Dakota

Z-Man

full deflection
NASA Engineering Intern, General Electric Aviation Engineering Intern, Undergraduate Research Assistant since the beginning of my sophomore year (2nd semester Junior right now).

I still have 1.5 years before I can even apply to OCS, 5 year plan...f'n waiting game. I wish I could just graduate now. I am really hoping we see a up trend instead of down trend in the number of slots available in the coming years. My recruiter keeps pushing NUPOC, but I'm holding out. Maybe I'm just being naive, but I want to be a naval aviator damnit!

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
I applied the fall after my graduation from college. I worked random office jobs, did some dishwashing and retail/food service stuff throughout high school and college.

After college I worked at Guitar Center for a year while I waited for my OCS app to go through. I thought that would be a short-term job. I learned a lot about life, music, and people.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
Worked retail, left to attend a police academy, now working my last day today as a security guard at a hospital which was very fun actually, got to play with crazies, saw many gun shot wounds, and deal with the trash that make up the population that is down town fresno.