• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What was your work experience prior to applying to OCS?

sodajones

Combat Engineer
So what you're thinking is that with your experience shovelling shit you think you'll make a good Navy officer? :D
I didn't start shit shoveling until I joined the Marine Corps. Now I am a three-time-expert shit shoveler. :p They gave me a badge and told me I'm "special."

Okie3

OCS NAMI CASUALTY=INTEL..I'll take it.
So what you're thinking is that with your experience shovelling shit you think you'll make a good Navy officer? :D

Yeah, exactly sir lol! From what some of you guys say on here its not all flying and looking cool. Guess I'll be ready for all the other crap that goes with being a Navy officer.

Tried being a race horse jockey too a few years ago. Got down to 129 lbs....but it was unhealthy to lose much more (got hungry lol). I would have had to be an exercise rider... really did bring some of these past experiences up in an officer interview and got a good interview form from it. Plus brought leadership experience from coaching and basketball in college.

mb1685

Is it bad to have mostly part-time experience? I've been working since I was 17 (23 now), but have only had two full-time positions; my current job and two temporary positions over two different summers. Everything else has been part-time.

For what it's worth, my experience is mostly retail, along with grocery, data entry, residence life, and security (my current job).

BackOrdered

Contributor
Is it bad to have mostly part-time experience? I've been working since I was 17 (23 now), but have only had two full-time positions; my current job and two temporary positions over two different summers. Everything else has been part-time.

For what it's worth, my experience is mostly retail, along with grocery, data entry, residence life, and security (my current job).

Sounds familiar (ie: me)

You are fine. How does anyone expect you to finish college with a full time job?

Renegade One

None
Drove the monorail and narrated the Anheuser-Busch brewery tours at "Busch Gardens" in the San Fernando Valley. Brewery still there...the monorail tour and Busch Gardens aspects closed long ago. Wish to hell I'd know about the opportunities at Vivid Video however...kind of kicking myself now...:cool:

LET73

Besides the usual crappy high school/college summer retail job, I got paid to stand in line and hold a place for lobbyists to attend congressional hearings and did copy monkey/data entry work while I was in grad school. I quit that job after I got my MA, and got rejected by temp agencies before and during the OCS application process. I did have a job offer from one of the Beltway bandits, but my clearance paperwork got lost somewhere along the line, and eight years later, the company has never tried to find me....

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
Worked at Lowes through college for Finance and Managment and then moved on to be an IT recruiter for my big boy job after grad school. Pro Rec SNA April board and waiting for my FS letter!