• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What was your work experience prior to applying to OCS?

penguin88

Hi there! I've enjoyed reading this forum - lots of helpful posts! This is my first post :)

I'm applying to OCS for Supply Corps. I was just wondering - for those of you who are applying/have applied to OCS - did you go right from college?

If you had work experience, what was your role/what field were you in? I'm currently working in public accounting.

CAMike

None
Contributor
I eased in my way to the top at Vivid Video Studios in LA to the "Key Grip" position. Once there I knew there was no where else to go -but down. MB here worked with Puma Swede. (remotely)

borednstoked

When I turned everything in I was An IT Advisory Associate at KPMG. Mostly SOX 404 audits and fraud/AML (anti-money laundering investigations).

Now work in financial systems.

jtmedli

pilot
I flipped steaks and burgers and sold guitars and musical equipment from the age of 15 to 26. Had 2-3 jobs at any given time and got a degree in Electrical Engineering.

Lucy

Misc educational/governmental sector jobs throughout college. Current Asst director for a communications dept.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Systems Integration and Test Engineer for 3 years after college/Grad School....I lost my job and then became a bartender and PT Math/Physics teacher in order to pass time and keep some money coming before OCS.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
After college there were no jobs in Finance that I could find in my area so I applied to OCS. I was a non-select so I decided to enlist and have been a tron (AT) for the last 3 years. Just dropped my package in again today! Hoping for pilot, but also applying NFO and supply!

nfortner

Worked for my college's IT department while in grad school (while majoring in International Relations...), worked for an attorney's office while in undergrad, worked for a non-profit doing fundraising immediately after grad school, and doing IT currently. Got pro-rec'd, waiting on my final selection now.