• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What to fly... Advice?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
There's also always a chance to fly another platform as well. You like going upside down but get E2/C2, go be a T-45C IP for your shore tour. You get P-3's or helo's, go fly T-6's. If you get Hornets and love it, go to the FRS. You get the picture.

MasterBates

There is a back door method to fly something else as well, but don't count on it..

Us retards... oops retreads are uncommon, but out there.. In my case, most say I am waaaayyy out there.

MasterBates

Someone who flew one aircraft/pipeline and went back to flight school for another.

Also, NFO to Pilot transitions are Retreads. I prefer to call them Transvestfo's.

Jr KLR

Don't put too much concern in what you put down on your "dream" sheet, odds are that it won't matter much, unless your finishing 1st out of all selectees (even then no guarantees). You're flying what the navy has available that week, but it all works out for the best, trust me. I don't know of a bad aircraft in naval aviation, I would love to log some time in all of them at some point.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't put too much concern in what you put down on your "dream" sheet, odds are that it won't matter much, unless your finishing 1st out of all selectees (even then no guarantees). You're flying what the navy has available that week, but it all works out for the best, trust me. I don't know of a bad aircraft in naval aviation, I would love to log some time in all of them at some point.

This is true......after cruising with a guy who was Commodore's list with distinction. Not sure if he was #1 overall but one would think he would get one of this 3 choices. Nope, he got E2/C2 :( Sure, down the road he was a happy camper, flew T-45C's for 6 years after COD's (an FTS guy) but when a student is top dog, it would be nice to at least get one of their choices.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is true......after cruising with a guy who was Commodore's list with distinction. Not sure if he was #1 overall but one would think he would get one of this 3 choices. Nope, he got E2/C2 :( Sure, down the road he was a happy camper, flew T-45C's for 6 years after COD's (an FTS guy) but when a student is top dog, it would be nice to at least get one of their choices.

You cruised with 2 guys that were commodore's list. But you're right, that doesn't really matter when Needs of the Navy come first.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are more on the way, but I know that doesn't necessarily help you. Apparently there's something like 6 more Marine jet guys coming in the next few months. Some have already started in the FITU.

And I was told there was a shortage of jet guys at Kingsville/Meridian. Hmmm. Go figure. By chance are these Harrier guys?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Nope, apparently Hornet guys. I guess some General somewhere realized they needed better visibility in the VT(p)s.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You cruised with 2 guys that were commodore's list. But you're right, that doesn't really matter when Needs of the Navy come first.

You were commodore's list? Holy shitballs :eek: Well, then it was two. The other was Duf back in 99.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Nope, apparently Hornet guys. I guess some General somewhere realized they needed better visibility in the VT(p)s.

I met one of them, a Marine Hornet driver. Got a new COD driver as well going to VT-6. A bit more jet and tailhooker backgrounds.