• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What percentage get caboose duty?

exNavyOffRec

I guess the Navy needs cabooses..interesting. I wonder if it’s a contractor position or an active duty position. Definitely not sea duty. ?

I can answer as it was a position I had thought about applying for and I have had a friend do that job. This is a position for E-7 and sometimes E-8's, all nukes (ET/EM/MM), those picked go to FLETC down in Georgia and complete the federal LE training course, when complete you are stationed in Pittsburgh (that is what did it in for me), you wear civilian clothes and carry a sidearm, they fly from Pittsburgh to where the pickup is and then ride the train to the destination and then fly back to Pittsburgh, they check their firearm at the counter before flying and pick it up when they land.

It is a good deal if a person wants to go int LE right after as you have already completed the course and are a Federal LE officer.

The bad part for those trying is that if you are able to screen for instructor duty odds are they won't send you.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Pardon me, boy
Is that the US Navy choo choo? (yes yes)
Track twenty-nine
Haulin nuclear slime.
Can you afford To board a US Navy choo choo
Maybe you’ll glow, but brother we just don’t know.

Some Glenn Miller and Tex Beneke. Question: is that Milton Berle at the 1:29 mark?

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I can answer as it was a position I had thought about applying for and I have had a friend do that job. This is a position for E-7 and sometimes E-8's, all nukes (ET/EM/MM), those picked go to FLETC down in Georgia and complete the federal LE training course, when complete you are stationed in Pittsburgh (that is what did it in for me), you wear civilian clothes and carry a sidearm, they fly from Pittsburgh to where the pickup is and then ride the train to the destination and then fly back to Pittsburgh, they check their firearm at the counter before flying and pick it up when they land.

It is a good deal if a person wants to go int LE right after as you have already completed the course and are a Federal LE officer.

The bad part for those trying is that if you are able to screen for instructor duty odds are they won't send you.
Sounds like a good deal job for a former cop who digs trains! @mad dog

Veterans pref points?

exNavyOffRec

Even if this vehicle were to exist - of which we have zero evidence (sensors and cameras can be faulty, you know) - what makes you think it’s manned rather than unmanned?

They currently exist, the ones they have are old, this is probably nothing more than needing to replace existing ones due to age and as such someone was able to get money to build one custom.

To be honest these are nuke guys we are talking about so it is probably nothing more than an extra large caboose to handle some massive gaming system.