• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What not to do when you drive off base in uniform.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sick of people scared to enforce standards because of the EO complaint threat.
Understand you're sick of the hypothetical people in the hypothetical proposed by AllAmerican? Do you have people in your command afraid to enforce standards?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hope some of the active duty folks on here who share her beliefs chime in with their opinions on this matter.
I hope HAL and his friends have viewed this thread so they can see an actual (alleged) example of what an Art 88 violation looks like vs. what appears in their vivid imaginations.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please ensure all your replies are at least four paragraphs long and reference multiple instructions and doctrine. Otherwise I don't think we can be sure your account hasnt been compromised. ?
Guilty as charged. ?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I hope HAL and his friends have viewed this thread so they can see an actual (alleged) example of what an Art 88 violation looks like vs. what appears in their vivid imaginations.
No question this is a more egregious example of an Article 88 violation, but a lesser violation is still a violation.

I'm still open to having everything I every posted reviewed by JAGs, are you? You've never answered that question.

IRfly

None
They could just punish her for breaking the oath to obey the President of the United States. Seems as though that oath isn't as legally binding as it used to be.

Jesus H. Christ, give me a break. What order did she disobey? Disrespect? Sure, okay... If I had a nickle for every time some chucklehead sailor, up to and including DHs, said "Fuck Obama" or, even worse really, stated that his presidency was illegitimate because of the oft warmed-over conspiracy theory about his birth certificate, I'd have a ton of nickles. Or how soldiers in Iraq talked about Bush...???? Now, it's true, Bush and Obama didn't spend literally nearly every. goddamned. day. whining about how the media, the world, and reality were "unfair" to them...

Big difference here is that she did it in public, in uniform. Okay, big no-no. Give her a letter, some extra duty. But 45/45, blah blah...gimme a break.

IRfly

None
But should she end up in NJP, she should start by crying about “fake news” and how the alleged event never happened.

Followed by vigorously attacking the character of everyone involved, especially focusing on the personal histories of those involved in the disciplinary action.

At the same time she’s denying that it ever happened, she can have her lawyer claim that it was sarcasm, that she was joking, and that the whiny b*tches offended by her statement—that never happened—should get a life/sense of humor. Big lolz. ???

Mos

None
I hope some of the active duty folks on here who share her beliefs chime in with their opinions on this matter.
Is it really that hard to imagine a moderate or left leaning person that disapproves of her stupid behavior? How about a conservative that doesn't think very highly of Trump? I suspect the latter is a growing demographic in this country of late.

SlickAg

pilot
Is it really that hard to imagine a moderate or left leaning person that disapproves of her stupid behavior? How about a conservative that doesn't think very highly of Trump? I suspect the latter is a growing demographic in this country of late.
I don’t think it’s that hard at all.

Do I also think it’s hard to imagine active duty officers (some in command and who have recently held command) on here calling other people (some on active duty, some not) who support their current Commander-in-Chief “cultists”? Not at all, because that happens.

I was pointing out the (potential) irony of a CO taking someone to mast for doing something they would do themselves if they could do it either anonymously or while wearing civilian clothes.

exNavyOffRec

But should she end up in NJP, she should start by crying about “fake news” and how the alleged event never happened.

Followed by vigorously attacking the character of everyone involved, especially focusing on the personal histories of those involved in the disciplinary action.

At the same time she’s denying that it ever happened, she can have her lawyer claim that it was sarcasm, that she was joking, and that the whiny b*tches offended by her statement—that never happened—should get a life/sense of humor. Big lolz. ???

I have seen many sailors get NJP (45/45) for a lot less than yelling and flipping off civilians in uniform. If she had just rolled down her window and said "F Trump" as she drove by I would say nothing should happen to her except being pulled aside and reminded she should do that in uniform, however she stopped her car in the road disrupting traffic, approached the people holding a rally and caused a confrontation, to me yelling at and flipping off the civilians in uniform is the issue.

If this had happened 8 years ago but it was a a group of Obama supporters and the person did the same thing how much media attention would it get? What do you think would have happened to a person that did that?

taxi1

pilot
she stopped her car in the road disrupting traffic, approached the people holding a rally and caused a confrontation, to me yelling at and flipping off the civilians in uniform is the issue.
What she did was pretty over the top, even without a video record of it. I'm betting on the backside of all this, with passions cooled, our sailor is not feeling good about this.

Who knows what was going on in her life that day that led to the incident. I trust the command to deal with it.

GroundPounder

What she did was pretty over the top, even without a video record of it. I'm betting on the backside of all this, with passions cooled, our sailor is not feeling good about this.

Who knows what was going on in her life that day that led to the incident. I trust the command to deal with it.

Obviously I'm making a huge assumption, but I doubt that she would double down on it, because she knows she is " right". Taking the ideology out, anyone that is so fervent that they would stop and jump out to engage people is not the reflective kind, in all likelihood. And it works all ways, there are Trump people that would do the same thing to a mask advocacy protest.

What I don't think the general public gets is how many people are right on the edge of being able to function under any conflict, and are one sign or word away from wigging the F out. It has always been this way to an extent, but the Covidian era combined with politics and protests is really causing people to come unhinged.

And it does not seem to be improving any time soon.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Obviously I'm making a huge assumption, but I doubt that she would double down on it, because she knows she is " right". Taking the ideology out, anyone that is so fervent that they would stop and jump out to engage people is not the reflective kind, in all likelihood. And it works all ways, there are Trump people that would do the same thing to a mask advocacy protest.

What I don't think the general public gets is how many people are right on the edge of being able to function under any conflict, and are one sign or word away from wigging the F out. It has always been this way to an extent, but the Covidian era combined with politics and protests is really causing people to come unhinged.

And it does not seem to be improving any time soon.

That's one way to look at it and I agree people are especially stressed, but anyone can have a bad day at any time. However, the expectations and boundaries of professionalism have not changed with regard to contempt toward officials, etc. Nor should they- it's one of the reasons the military is still generally trusted by the public.

If one of my E-5s had pulled this shit while I was MO or OPSO, I would have expected it to go to DRB, XOI, and mast. Not making any predictions about the outcome, but if you reflect that poorly on the uniform, you ultimately need to be standing tall before the CO.

The media attention is a complication, but this is on her command to take corrective action.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I would love it if the country was more nuanced, bipartisan, nonpartisan, and willing to call a spade of spade regardless of party. Sadly, kids these days are being brainwashed by teachers and the media to see only one side and vehemently resent anyone with a different opinion.