• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what motivates you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
Lawman said:
An old buddy of mine that used to work as a personal trainer for a while just turned me on to "German Volume Training." Its wierd because your doing 10 sets of 10 reps, at 40% of your max wieght but by god its working. I got into it because I already had strength and my endurance was decent but I wasnt getting the mass results I wanted (and kinda needed for my new job). Its a gratifying day when you start having t-shirts that are form fitting and look good too.

Interesting. I've always been led to believe that fewer reps build more mass. How long of a rest between each set of 10 when you're doing the German Volume Training?

Lawman

None
90 seconds. I think it has to due more with the fact that you are actually causing physical damage to the muslces (I.E. tearing the fibers and forcing them to grow back 2x as strong) to build mass. But with this your damaging alot more muslce by doing it over time as appose to with alot of weight quickly. Its only a 6 week training cycle, so you wouldnt want to just do this kind of thing. And also you work a single area one day, and dont do anything with that area for the remainder of the week, IE Mon- chest, wed- Shoulder/Lats, Fri- Tri and Biceps. Its deffinately wierd to get into, and when you first start out like set 1-3 you'll feel like your not doing anything, but by 7-9 your dying and on that 10 you almost fail after the last one.

Google around and you'll actually find it is catching on with alot of body builders.

Lawman

None
DanMav1156 said:
I work at a local health club/gym and it's pretty funny seeing some of the people, you pretty much hit all the crowds there Lawman besides the overindulgent, really angry b1tchy mom who complains about everything that she can possibly can.

I also left out the groups of Female College girls that get on a leg machine and lift 10 lbs for half an hour. In some ways I think the people that piss me off at the gym motivate me to not be one of them.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
LAWNMOWERMAN said:
I also left out the groups of Female College girls that get on a leg machine and lift 10 lbs for half an hour.

But they are great to look at for the most part! :D Except for the fat ones. :(

Lawman

None
Jolly Roger said:
But they are great to look at for the most part! :D Except for the fat ones. :(

See we just get the fat ones. And the ones trying to "Get it back" on the wierd looking machine where you pull your legs together. "Only 4 more sets and it will be like prom night again" :icon_smil

ip568

None
In AOCS it was simple. If we displeased GYSGT Glenn, he'd tear our racks apart and throw all the sheets and bedframe pieces out the second deck window while beating our heads against the wall and shrieking inventive names at us while we stood at frozen attention. But I guess times have changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.