• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what motivates you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I just run at the gym... and I pick a girl that is in relatively good shape... and I say to myself: "I'm going to run longer and faster than her, she is a girl." And then when she drops out, I pick another one.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
I run on bike paths along the river and I love passing people. Sometimes they get angry and try to catch up, even more motivation.

Lawman

None
yukon180 said:
I run on bike paths along the river and I love passing people. Sometimes they get angry and try to catch up, even more motivation.

I love the guys that show up to the track when Im already in a run, do half to a full mile faster then me then collapse into walking and when I go right by they try and start up again only to fail after a short dash.

T-man

Lawman said:
I love the guys that show up to the track when Im already in a run, do half to a full mile faster then me then collapse into walking and when I go right by they try and start up again only to fail after a short dash.

lol, now that's motivating... :D can't say I've experienced it myself, but I bet it's a good feeling when that happens, and you're just thinking to yourself "hehe, fata$$ thought he would look bada$$ trying to pass me..."

Lawman

None
T-man said:
lol, now that's motivating... :D can't say I've experienced it myself, but I bet it's a good feeling when that happens, and you're just thinking to yourself "hehe, fata$$ thought he would look bada$$ trying to pass me..."

I think it has alot to do with the population of our gym at the College. You get your crop of atheletes that are doing it for a sport, or really serious just hard working people that want to be healthy. And then you get your crowd of hey Ill go to the gym but I dont want to actually push myself people. You know who they are, there that fat inconsiderate woman that Power walks in the running lane, that useless group of guys that spend there day taking up the curl bar and standing infront of the mirror bull****ting, or that fat dude that walks on the tredmill. Really if your out of shape this is where you should be, but F'ing put effort into it or go home and have another piece of pie losers.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
Lawman said:
Really if your out of shape this is where you should be, but F'ing put effort into it or go home and have another piece of pie losers.

I have some sympathy for out of shape people at the gym, at least they're making an attempt to get in shape. They could be at home.

A$$holes who drop weights, flex in front of the mirror, and read muscle mags for 10 minutes between sets will always piss me off more than some fat dude on a treadmill.

KBayDog

VetteMuscle427 said:
I just run at the gym... and I pick a girl that is in relatively good shape... and I say to myself: "I'm going to run longer and faster than her, she is a girl." And then when she drops out, I pick another one.

And then I say, "Good job. You beat a girl."

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:

wow... you are truly "all that is man"

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Speaking about the gym,

I work at a local health club/gym and it's pretty funny seeing some of the people, you pretty much hit all the crowds there Lawman besides the overindulgent, really angry b1tchy mom who complains about everything that she can possibly can.

Got rid of one of them, I was lifeguarding, her son was drowning, I rescued him and since then, not a single complaint out of her mouth.

O, and don't even get me started on the MILFs... that's my motivation to get my lifeguarding recertified :D :D :D :D :spin_125: :icon_smil

T-man

yukon180 said:
I have some sympathy for out of shape people at the gym, at least they're making an attempt to get in shape. They could be at home.

A$$holes who drop weights, flex in front of the mirror, and read muscle mags for 10 minutes between sets will always piss me off more than some fat dude on a treadmill.

I don't think I could agree more. I joined a gym for the simple fact that I have an overweight friend who was already a member, but never went. So I joined just to drag him along with me as I train for OCS.

I don't get mad at people who put forth an effort. But I laugh at the people who think they're bada$$ power lifters, dropping weights, walking around like the own the place and $hit. I usually just chuckle to myself at how rediculous they look. Someone slap me if I ever turn into one of them. As for weights, you'll usually find me doing smaller weights, and longer reps (usually try to get 20 per set, and do 3-4 sets). To me that speaks volumes more than being able to lift ungodly amounts for 2-3 reps. To put it metaphorically(sp?), if I were to cross paths with one of those types, my endurance from doing the sets of 20 will shine through when he can only throw a few punches before he's tired out, and I've still got a good 5 minutes worth of fighting stamina in me :D That's the way I look at it when I mentally point and laugh at the dumba$$es who think they're hot $hit for being able to power lift.

Lawman

None
T-man said:
I don't think I could agree more. I joined a gym for the simple fact that I have an overweight friend who was already a member, but never went. So I joined just to drag him along with me as I train for OCS.

I don't get mad at people who put forth an effort. But I laugh at the people who think they're bada$$ power lifters, dropping weights, walking around like the own the place and $hit. I usually just chuckle to myself at how rediculous they look. Someone slap me if I ever turn into one of them. As for weights, you'll usually find me doing smaller weights, and longer reps (usually try to get 20 per set, and do 3-4 sets). To me that speaks volumes more than being able to lift ungodly amounts for 2-3 reps. To put it metaphorically(sp?), if I were to cross paths with one of those types, my endurance from doing the sets of 20 will shine through when he can only throw a few punches before he's tired out, and I've still got a good 5 minutes worth of fighting stamina in me :D That's the way I look at it when I mentally point and laugh at the dumba$$es who think they're hot $hit for being able to power lift.

An old buddy of mine that used to work as a personal trainer for a while just turned me on to "German Volume Training." Its wierd because your doing 10 sets of 10 reps, at 40% of your max wieght but by god its working. I got into it because I already had strength and my endurance was decent but I wasnt getting the mass results I wanted (and kinda needed for my new job). Its a gratifying day when you start having t-shirts that are form fitting and look good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.