• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is wrong with the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Does anyone find it wrong that American's are killed and dragged through the streets, mutilated and have their heads cut off.... and the media makes a bigger deal about prisoner "abuse"?????????

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
I find it VERY disturbing that we are always the enemy, and those poor people have to feel th wrath of mighty America. BS!!! I have faith in the powers that be, and feel sorry for those responsible for the recent death of Nick Berg. Who, BTW, was a civilian there to help rebuild Iraq. How can you chant God is Great while you are decapatating someone. These people just need to be eliminated.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Does anyone find it even more strange that more blame is being put on the SecDef and JCS than the CG of the prison itself or the Chain of Command of the particular unit responsible for the abuse?

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I guess the world isn't fair... how can Arabs get so mad when we "humiliate" prisoners... and think it is fine to cut off heads of helpless people there to help them? You know what the Russians would do? They would kidnap Al-Sadr and cut his head off publically!

petescheu

Oh come on, if you haven't figured out yet that the media is appallingly liberally biased by now, and is only interested in "Doom and Gloom" and "Henny Penny The Sky Is Falling" just to sell their product... Of course America is always the enemy, because that's what will sell in the papers and on TV. Don't forget, the media is a business, and the only point of a business is to make a profit. They'll do what it takes to sell, that's all they care about, not about having any sort of common sense, or actually supporting the country, or the people, that give them the right to print what they want.

NuSnake

A Letter from soldier to John Kerry

> >Dear Senator Kerry:
> >
> >Since it has become clear that you will probably be the Democratic
nominee
> >for President, I have spent a great deal of time researching your
war
> >record and
> >your record as a professional politician. The reason is simple,
you
aspire
> >to
> >be the Commander in Chief who would lead my sons and their fellow
soldiers
> >in
> >time of war. I simply wanted to know if you possess the necessary
> >qualifications to be trusted in that respect.
> >
> >You see, I belong to a family of proud U.S. veterans. I was a
Captain
in
> >the
> >Army Reserve, my father was a decorated Lieutenant in World War
II; and
I
> >have
> >four sons who have either served, or are currently serving in the
military.
> >The oldest is an Army Lieutenant still on active duty in
Afghanistan
after
> >already being honored for his service in Iraq. The youngest is an
E-4
with
> >the
> >military police. His National Guard unit just finished their
second
tour of
> >active duty, including six months in Guantanamo Bay. My two other
sons
have
> >served
> >in the national guard and the navy.
> >
> >In looking at your record I found myself comparing it not only to
that
of
> >my
> >father and my sons, but to the people they served with. My father
served
> >with
> >the 87th Chemical Mortar Battalion in Europe. They landed on Utah
Beach
and
> >fought for 317 straight days including the Cherbourg Peninsula,
Aachen,
the
> >Hurtgen Forest, and the Battle of the Bulge. You earned a Silver
Star
in
> >Vietnam
> >for chasing down and finishing off a wounded and retreating enemy
soldier.
> >My
> >father won a Bronze Star for single handedly charging and knocking
out
a
> >German
> >machine gun nest that had his men pinned down. You received three
purple
> >hearts for what appears to be three minor scratches. In fact you
only
> >missed a
> >combined total of two days of duty for these wounds. The men of my
father's
> >unit,
> >the 87th, had to be admonished by their commanding officer
because: "It
has
> >been brought to our attention that some men are covering up wounds
and
> >refusing
> >medical attention for fear of being evacuated and permanently
separated
> >from
> >this organization..." It was also a common problem for seriously
wounded
> >soldiers to go AWOL from hospitals in order to rejoin their units.
You
used
> >your
> >three purple hearts to leave Vietnam early.
> >
> >My oldest boy came home from Iraq with numerous commendations and
then
> >proceeded to volunteer to go to Afghanistan and from there back to
Iraq
> >again. My
> >sons and father have never had anything but the highest regard and
respect
> >for
> >their fellow soldiers. Yet, you came home to publicly charge your
fellow
> >fighting men with being war criminals and to urge their defeat by
the
> >enemy. You
> >even wrote a book that had a cover which mocked the heroism of the
U.S.
> >Marines
> >who raised the flag on Iwo Jima. Our current crop of soldiers has
a
> >philosophy
> >that no one gets left behind; and they have practiced that from
Somalia
to
> >the
> >battlefields of the Middle East. Yet as chairman of a Senate
committee
> >looking into allegations that many of your fellow servicemen had
been
left
> >behind as
> >prisoners in Vietnam, you chose to defend the brutal Vietnamese
regime.
You
> >even went so far as to refer to the families of the POWs and MIAs
as
> >Professional malcontents, conspiracy mongers, con artists, and
dime-store
> >Rambos.
> >
> >As a Senator you voted against the 1991 Gulf War, and have
repeatedly
voted
> >against funds to supply our troops with the best equipment, and
against
> >money
> >to improve our intelligence capability. I find this particularly
ironic
> >since
> >as a Presidential candidate you are highly critical of our pre-war
> >intelligence
> >in Iraq. However, you did vote to authorize the President to go to
war,
but
> >have since proceeded to do everything you can to undermine the
efforts
of
> >our
> >government and our troops to win. Is this what our fighting men
and
women
> >can
> >expect of you if you are their Commander in Chief? Will you gladly
send
> >them to
> >war, only to then aid the enemy by undermining the morale of our
troops
and
> >cutting off the weapons they need to win?
> >
> >Our country is at war Senator, and as has been the case in every
war
since
> >the American Revolution, a member of my family is serving their
country
> >during
> >the war. Now you want me to trust you to lead my sons in this
fight.
> >
> >Sorry Senator, but when I compare your record to those who have
fought
and
> >died for this nation, and are currently fighting and dying, the
answer
is
> >not
> >just no, but Hell No!
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >Michael Connelly February 14, 2004 Dallas, Texas

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
shoo24 said:
Oh come on, if you haven't figured out yet that the media is appallingly liberally biased by now, and is only interested in "Doom and Gloom" and "Henny Penny The Sky Is Falling" just to sell their product... Of course America is always the enemy, because that's what will sell in the papers and on TV. Don't forget, the media is a business, and the only point of a business is to make a profit. They'll do what it takes to sell, that's all they care about, not about having any sort of common sense, or actually supporting the country, or the people, that give them the right to print what they want.

Exactly why I have a subscription to absolutely NO papers or news magazines. At least on the tv I can change the channel if they start in with their BS.

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
Media Bias

With regards to the perceived liberal media bias, it must be analyzed in a more global and "big picture" context:

We often don't realize the role of the government in the way that news is offered to us. Now don't think i'm some anarchist ultra left-wing conspiracy theorist :icon_rast , but the government also has a large amount of influence in what is reported. It doesn't take a political science expert to realize that the government can disseminate information to the media at its desire; they will let the media know what they deem is appropriate for viewers and readers to know.

Other inmportant factors that contribute to bias are our history, economic system, ethnicity, and other aspects of our culture. Our news tends to be very euro-centered, a lot of the big news stories in latin america and africa don't make American front page headlines. For example, 10,000 people have died in religious, ethnic and community-related violence in Nigeria since 1999 (it's getting very bad over there, according to a nigerian teacher i had), and it has rarely made the front pages. You need to search around to find information about that stuff.

Every country's media outlets all have these major biases created by their respective governments and cultures.

Now, I did not think of all of the above statements myself. Much of my points came from:
http://faculty.valencia.cc.fl.us/tbyrnes/media.htm

If you've got a few minutes, this is a good read.
Now of course, all of what I said could be pure BS.......maybe I had a biased source :watching_ ?

Alright I'm done yakkin away.... :icon_slee

Lonestar155

is good to go
I cannot believe that this great country, that is capable of so much, has sunk down to a level of evil. This powerful country has accomplished so much yet, our leaders made the decision of retaliation and causing more hatred towards us. We have not progressed, and on the contrary we have showed that we are weak. We should demonstrate that we are a united country willing to help others rather then showing our force by killing these so called "evil do-ers".

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Lonestar155 said:
I cannot believe that this great country, that is capable of so much, has sunk down to a level of evil. This powerful country has accomplished so much yet, our leaders made the decision of retaliation and causing more hatred towards us. We have not progressed, and on the contrary we have showed that we are weak. We should demonstrate that we are a united country willing to help others rather then showing our force by killing these so called "evil do-ers".

Not quite sure what you're trying to say here. What evil has this country sunk to? Are you worried foreign country's will not like us for doing what this administration believes is necessary after 9/11? What's more important, US or foriegn interests? Also, what should be done to terrorists who decapitate an American civilian? Should we simply forgive and forget?

I'm just a little confused by your post so please forgive the questions. I see by your profile you wish to become a naval aviator. What I've read above is not exactly what a naval aviator wanna be, a warrior wanna be would be saying. To be honest you sound like you might start crying. The last thing the Navy wants or needs is an individual that puts other nations above the interests of this great nation. By all means you're entitled to your opinion (as am I) but you're treading on thin ground on this website. This website is mostly dominated my hard charging, cock strong, pro-American patriots. Its been a while since I've seen such a cock weak statement. I'm also just a little fired up after seeing the video so I'm being a little direct.

FLY NAVY

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Get used to the liberal media. They hate you and what you stand for. Not even 9/11 could change their viewpoint, because for most of them, it didn't "happen" to them. Just like 9/11 didn't "happen" to the west (Left) coast. Just like it didn't "happen" to Europe. The media has been the enemy of the military and patriots since Vietnam.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I think we should drop stuffed animals insted of bombs, then the world will love us and nothing will go wrong. Look at me, I live in a fantasy world and not the real one.

Real world sucks, and no matter what we do people are going to dislike the US because we do it better than the rest of the world. By building planes, ships, and weapons, we don't "steal" money from people that are poor or hungry. It's not like there is a finite pot of money out there. So, it's always going to be our fault, that is why I am going into the military to defend our great country!

spr

I'll be damned if I am going to vote for a BOY like John Kerry and I fear that his greasy "used car salesman" charm might convince the majority (who must be deaf and dumb) in this next election. I don't care what mistakes Bush has made, I believe he is doing what he feels is best for this country. He has got integrity. Kerry on the otherhand changes his stance on issues to appease his audience. Thats not a man and definitely not a man with integrity. What sucks the most is b/c the media is so liberal they will continue to target Bush and make Kerry look like an Eagle scout. Who knows what is going to happen to our defense if Kerry calls the shots, I'll still follow his orders as my commander and chief but I doubt we would do anything aggressive with him on board b/c he is going to play on both sides of any issue. A man would take a stand and we can't hope that he'll grow a pair while in office.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Remember... "W" is for "Winner" :icon_mi_6

As for Kerry, didn't he admitt to war crimes? Throwing away medals... so many other things... I just don't see him as a viable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.