• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What if Guam were to capsize...???

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When people on the short bus are voting members of the HASC, then they are fair game.

But the spin doctors have reached his website already; here's the quote:

"The subtle humor of this obviously metaphorical reference to a ship capsizing illustrated my concern about the impact of the planned military buildup on this small tropical island."

Like others have said, if he made the allusion to the metaphor during his question, I'd buy it. Right now I'm thinking someone found an excuse for his brain-fart and they are running with it.

Gee, we put a lot more Marines (and some Army dudes) on a succession of islands very abruptly from 1942-1945 and typically in one spot.....not one of them sank as far as I know even with shock and awe of Naval Bombardment and Naval Aviation/Army Air Force pummeling the island for weeks prior to the initial landings.

Iwo Jima = ~110,000 US showing up including 30,000 alone from 3rd, 4th and 5th Marine Divisions hitting the beach

lbattle.gif

jtmedli

pilot
President Obama may need to reevaluate his decision concerning the relocation of our prison at Guantanamo Bay. If we remove the prison, the island may become unbalanced and capsize as well. That would be a travesty.

It's part of his grand scheme to Capsize Cuba actually. Just wait...you'll see!!

Angels

Contributor
It is getting harder to tell the real clips from the fake. Thankfully this one is staged but still hilarious! :D