• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What if Guam were to capsize...???

Angels

Contributor

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The guy is either too stupid to continue in office ... or he's too sick to continue in office -- either way, I don't care as the bottom line is still the same. But I don't think any 'honest' person would question whether or not he should be in a position of responsibility wherein he's able (and required) to decide real things that affect real people.

Either way ... and the back filling and excuse making emanating from his office notwithstanding .. it's a SNL moment. And it's time to move along, folks.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I heard the excuse that he was using a metaphor. Now it's because he has Hep C..hmmm...
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=142407&catid=3
No kidding. "Oh, he's delirious from hep C, so it's alright." I'm so glad that our policy makers are able to remain so lucid when they're debating and voting on important issues.

Jesus fucking Christ. Whether it's Robert Byrd, who's brain turned to mush 20 years ago, or guys like Strom Thurmond. It says something about these people's constituents that they continually reelect what are essentially talking vegetables who read cue cards written by their entourage of staffers. No wonder our political system is so fucked up.

Brett

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
As much money and organization as it takes to run for Congress, I'm always at least somewhat surprised when members of Congress reveals that they're not even intelligent enough to take orders at a fast food restaurant, much less decide the merits of complex legistlation.

As much as we like to complain about the government, the fact that this guy can get elected shows that this country gets exactly the government its people deserve.

They've tried to pass it off as a joke, then as a metaphor. BS. Watch the video, and he's stone serious. A person using a metaphor or joke to make a point does not deliver it that way.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ummmmmmmmmm - Kay ...

If MOD-SQUADRON members are going to 'keep posting' on the thread after it's closed -- I closed it -- I'm gonna' reopen it for general discussion.

I think 'fair' is for losers ... but still, it's not 'fair' to the wannabes, the unwashed, the hangers-on, the fools, the pretenders, Skeeterman, Black Shoes, and the young skulls full of cottage cheese ... sooooooooooo .... they now have another opportunity to .... 'comment'. :sleep_125

The 'normal' people also have that same opportunity.

Rock on ...
:)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Why doesn't this get more play in the media? The guy is a rambling fool and yet when Sarah Palin has some notes written on her hand during a speech it gets reported on ad nauseum....

I'm sorry, stupid question, forget I brought it up!

Angels

Contributor
Thanks A4s! :D
They've tried to pass it off as a joke, then as a metaphor. BS. Watch the video, and he's stone serious. A person using a metaphor or joke to make a point does not deliver it that way.
Agreed. If it was a metaphor why did he use the hand and body gestures of the island actually tipping over?!

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why doesn't this get more play in the media? The guy is a rambling fool and yet when Sarah Palin has some notes written on her hand during a speech it gets reported on ad nauseum....

I'm sorry, stupid question, forget I brought it up!

Maybe you just haven't been paying attention.......

VmiMMXI

President Obama may need to reevaluate his decision concerning the relocation of our prison at Guantanamo Bay. If we remove the prison, the island may become unbalanced and capsize as well. That would be a travesty.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
My thought was that the good congressman was using a metaphor. He did link this argument to (Man made) Global Warming, the two specious arguments do seem to fit nicely into the kook's corner realting to dfiscussions of hockysticks and such.:icon_smil:icon_smil

There are a lot of interesting data out there that one might use to suggest that Guam may oneday disappear. Guam has lots of seismic activity in the range of 8.2 on the Rickter scale.

guam.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
When I saw this gem pop up in my inbox, there were at least 3 other JOs face-palming with me. What a goddamn moron, and absolutely astounding and frightening that he has a VOTE in our government....

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I really don't think it's fair to make fun of the folks on the short bus though.

When people on the short bus are voting members of the HASC, then they are fair game.

But the spin doctors have reached his website already; here's the quote:

"The subtle humor of this obviously metaphorical reference to a ship capsizing illustrated my concern about the impact of the planned military buildup on this small tropical island."

Like others have said, if he made the allusion to the metaphor during his question, I'd buy it. Right now I'm thinking someone found an excuse for his brain-fart and they are running with it.