• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What do you do during the wait?

FSF17

pilot
I'm just an SNA hopeful, so I know it doesn't relate to me, but I was wondering... I've been reading about long waits for IFS and then API. The way some people write on here, it sounds like the Navy doesn't make you do anything. Surely you have to do something navy related during the wait... right?:confused:

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I'm just an SNA hopeful, so I know it doesn't relate to me, but I was wondering... I've been reading about long waits for IFS and then API. The way some people write on here, it sounds like the Navy doesn't make you do anything. Surely you have to do something navy related during the wait... right?:confused:

beach, beer, dodge cougars @ seville (or maybe not:icon_wink ), sober up, muster (keep khaki's + razor in car if necessary), dodge stash job, sleep

Repeat

four o two

None
beach, beer, dodge cougars @ seville (or maybe not:icon_wink ), sober up, muster (keep khaki's + razor in car if necessary), dodge stash job, sleep

Repeat
Pretty much. Doesn't hurt to at least familiarize yourself with the API books, but don't go overboard.

Oh, and on the whole keeping khaki's in the car... they've done away with PT gear mustering. Saddest day of my life. :eek:

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Pretty much. Doesn't hurt to at least familiarize yourself with the API books, but don't go overboard.

Oh, and on the whole keeping khaki's in the car... they've done away with PT gear mustering. Saddest day of my life. :eek:

really, really crappy. I knew that 3 days a week I wouldn't have to really worry about anything.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None

The only time you should be familiarizing yourself with the pubs are when youre sittin on the crapper. Period. End of discussion.

Drink, sleep, eat, crap, repeat. Enjoy A-pool now bc there wont be anything like it once you start.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Sounds to me like you're not quite ready to be an SNA yet. You should know this and only this, when the Navy does what it does best......makes you hurry up and wait, you drink and you drink hard. API is spoon fed, no need to look at books prior, study prior, etc. I'm older but I'm not that many years out of the loop. Always enjoy your time off, in the future, you may not always have that luxury.

four o two

None
Sounds to me like you're not quite ready to be an SNA yet. You should know this and only this, when the Navy does what it does best......makes you hurry up and wait, you drink and you drink hard. API is spoon fed, no need to look at books prior, study prior, etc. I'm older but I'm not that many years out of the loop. Always enjoy your time off, in the future, you may not always have that luxury.
Can't tell you how many other experienced guys I've heard that from; therefore, I plan to follow your advice. :D

really, really crappy. I knew that 3 days a week I wouldn't have to really worry about anything.

Oh say it ain't so!!! Oh well, its not like everyone was staggering from muster to the gym to PT anyway.
Yeah, the command got tired of a few nasties going UA, telling the CO they didn't have SDB's, etc. The crackdown has begun.

kejo

pilot
you're gonna make up for all that wonderful free time on your first deployment...don't be in such a hurry to get crazy in the books until you have to be...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess if they're quoting DQ and Kirbs, then it's not that bad, but I would generally run the other way if the press wanted to quote me.

Brett

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Cripes Kirbs was a new report 129 instructor when I went through and DQ was with VA-65 on my first cruise..... I'm old, very very old