• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What did you get from Santa for Christmas 2020?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
That’s the wrong variant @ChuckMK23! At least the variant and picture match up, even the JPO and the Navy screw that up more than you would think ?
Indeed I wish it was a C-model. This particular kit was just announced and released at Tokyo Hobby Show just a month ago - and it is extraordinary for a military aircraft model as far as fit, finish, detail, ease of assembly, etc. I love assembling - I am not great at painting and detail so I will most likely assemble unfinished for the fun of it.

1672333381952.png

1672333473555.png

jmcquate

Contributor
Nice to get a non Nimitz class in a traditional scale.

Attachments

• FAB1774D-6C0F-4F1B-BF6B-53D0425584A9.jpeg
    FAB1774D-6C0F-4F1B-BF6B-53D0425584A9.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 23

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I have had my eye on this for a while and almost pulled the trigger a few times - do provide pics when you assemble it!!
0ABE4D5A-0406-4C36-8229-C0E67A3BBE8A.jpeg

Nerd alert! Here it is in all its glory… the upper stage detaches from the lower just like the real deal, and you can remove the sides of the cockpit to see inside (there’s enough room for the astronaut mini-figures to stand in there like they’re flying the ship).

Interestingly, the build also includes a flight video recorder behind an hinged panel, and another compartment for a piece that represents the lunar laser reflector that Armstrong and Aldrin left on the moon.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
View attachment 37234

Nerd alert! Here it is in all its glory… the upper stage detaches from the lower just like the real deal, and you can remove the sides of the cockpit to see inside (there’s enough room for the astronaut mini-figures to stand in there like they’re flying the ship).

Interestingly, the build also includes a flight video recorder behind an hinged panel, and another compartment for a piece that represents the lunar laser reflector that Armstrong and Aldrin left on the moon.
This is absolutely spectacular. ?