• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are you?

What are you?

• High School

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • MIDN/College Student

Votes: 57 26.5%
  • E1-E5

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • E6-E9

• 0-1

Votes: 49 22.8%
  • 0-2

Votes: 31 14.4%
  • 0-3

Votes: 19 8.8%
  • 0-4

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 0-5 +

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Retired/Out/Salty Old Farts

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Spouse

• OTHER... now quit crying because we don't accomodate your niche

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters

Crowbar

None
It's not the O-4/5 votes I'm suspicious of. For me it's the "well, I'm in college now but I'll be an Ensign in 2007, I'll go ahead and pick that." Too bad the poll wasn't made public initially.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Insinuations? ME?? I never insinuate anything, I just come right out and say it. That's at least half my problem, and it bites me in the ass relatively frequently. On the other hand, I DO have lots of friends, because I say what they're thinking and too chickensh!t to say. At the very least, I have good entertainment value.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
I wonder how many of those "O-4" and "O-5+" votes are actually legit......
"LEGIT" ??? ACTUALLY .... I work for the CIA, ONI, DEA, FBI and I'm an O-10, but O-5 + or retired was all that was available to me. I didn't think you would believe me if I put my qualifications down here .... :)

O-10 : Fleet Admiral

ar_genarmy.gif

lance

So if in the event that the president of the united states and congress decide to promote my arss to O-10 with 5 shiners....... can i pick up a sweet arss job with the CIA? just kidding around - - - - but that would be some hell-O stories to tell the grandkids!!!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ummm, no it's not.
ACTUALLY .... Ummmmm .... you're right ... ummm ..... my eyes crossed when I copied the stars ..... too many stars in my eyes (?) .... not O-10 ...... maybe even better, though ..... O-infinity ... ummmm .... check :

http://www.defenselink.mil/specials/insignias/officers.html

... Ummmmm .... you know .... the DOD website .... ummmm .... dated 04 NOV 2005 .... ummmmm ..... time to squeeze more limes, perhaps ..... ummmmmm, yes. :)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Well, yes and no. Fleet Admiral, a wartime rank, is O-11, 5 stars. Fleet Admiral Halsey?

Chief, I think you're wrong on the O-11 thing. I don't believe the paygrade was ever established. It's simply higher rank, not a new pay grade. At least that's always been my understanding. Feel free to show me where I'm wrong :)

Edit: Well, I did the whole google thing, and several sites (credible ones) do show it as being an O-11. At least I found my own mistake first right? :)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
But then again "The Chief is just really nice" I dont think Ive ever heard that sentence uttered before but I do have limited exposure to Chiefs.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
Just thinking out loud here. Why wouldn't they get a little more pay since they now have not only more responsibility, but are now even bigger targets for assissins and probably a larger price on their head? I mean, isn't that how it goes, the more responsibilty or training, the more pay? Just thinking. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I almost broke my no smiles rule, I almost borrowed Fly's lauging icon.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Well, yes and no. Fleet Admiral, a wartime rank, is O-11, 5 stars. Fleet Admiral Halsey?

I don't understand what you are saying. A-4's posted a picture with the title O-10:Fleet Admiral. I responded trying to say that O-10 is not a Fleet Admiral. You posted Fleet Admiral is O-11. I think we are in agreement.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I don't understand what you are saying. A-4's posted a picture with the title O-10:Fleet Admiral. I responded trying to say that O-10 is not a Fleet Admiral. You posted Fleet Admiral is O-11. I think we are in agreement.
FOR GOD's SAKE, PEOPLE .... I Fvcked up when I typed "O-10" before "Fleet Admiral" .... IF YOU ARE A 5-STAR .... IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT PAY-GRADE YOU ARE ----- YES ?????

YOU, Halsey, and Nimitz ARE RUNNING THE SHOW --- GET IT !!??!!??

Because of your powers of dubious "concentration" .... some of you are not going to make it ..... :) ... ALOHA