• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are you reading?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm enjoying the book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. It was also made into a movie, but as most movies, a lot of details that are covered in the book, are glossed over.

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption is a 2010 non-fiction book by Laura Hillenbrand. Unbroken is a biography of World War II veteran Louis Zamperini, a former Olympic track star who survived a plane crash in the Pacific Theater, spent 47 days drifting on a raft, and then survived more than two and a half years as a prisoner of war (POW) in three Japanese POW camps.

Unbroken spent more than four years on The New York Times best seller list, including 14 weeks at number one. It is the 5th longest-running nonfiction best seller of all time.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I'm enjoying the book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. It was also made into a movie, but as most movies, a lot of details that are covered in the book, are glossed over.

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption is a 2010 non-fiction book by Laura Hillenbrand. Unbroken is a biography of World War II veteran Louis Zamperini, a former Olympic track star who survived a plane crash in the Pacific Theater, spent 47 days drifting on a raft, and then survived more than two and a half years as a prisoner of war (POW) in three Japanese POW camps.

Unbroken spent more than four years on The New York Times best seller list, including 14 weeks at number one. It is the 5th longest-running nonfiction best seller of all time.
I don't think I've ever read a book faster in my life. That book was incredible. I was not more than vaguely familiar with the story, hadn't seen the movie (still haven't), and just couldn't put it down. I read that in a few days on a deployment.

Random8145

He was on Jay Leno back in 2012, worth a watch.

Since when can you use Japanese characters in a username?
Awesome, though 私はすべてを知っています is much longer than IKE.
えっと、よく知らない。
I’m new here— so i suppose it’s always been that way —(笑)

If forced to change I’d go with Habu :)

Based on your fingers in the photo, that book looks tiny. Like it’s 1.5” by 2.5” or something. Do you read it with a microfiche, or is it just a really short book?

It’s actually a business card. (I know the author. 😎)

I’m actually now reading about about murder mystery that involves cats and ‘witchcraft’—

Attachments

• DC1B7123-89B8-4581-8754-7CA17BC431C6.jpeg
    DC1B7123-89B8-4581-8754-7CA17BC431C6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

A$AP

None
8103CxRiv0L._SL1500_.jpg

Finished up "Devotion" a few days ago, and immediately jumped into this. It is excellent so far; I loved Atkinson's first book in The Liberation Trilogy-- "An Army At Dawn". That one covers the Allied invasion of North Africa and is a fascinating read as well.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
After having an early layover dinner with a bud of mine who happened to be in PDX at the same time as me, I went to Powell's books on the walk back to my hotel. Got these guys:
unnamed-2.jpg
Book written I guess in 1948, about WWII B-26 Marauder pilots. Seemed like a particularly niche story that isn't covered very much in historical accounts of the war
unnamed-3.jpg
Thought this would be cool to add to my shelf, or the one at work
unnamed-1.jpg
And this one because it reminded me of so many other books I had as a kid, cool period (1980's) pics
unnamed-4.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Get most of my stuff on Kindle these days, Her Majesty was on my case about all my hard back books when we moved into our own house.

Random8145

Get most of my stuff on Kindle these days, Her Majesty was on my case about all my hard back books when we moved into our own house.
Kindle is awesome, and you can get some great deals on it, books that cost $20-$30 physical sold for $1.99-$2.99 in Kindle deals, books that cost $150+ physical but which are $50-$60 Kindle, but physical books are still very important in my opinion.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Kindle is awesome, and you can get some great deals on it, books that cost $20-$30 physical sold for $1.99-$2.99 in Kindle deals, books that cost $150+ physical but which are $50-$60 Kindle, but physical books are still very important in my opinion.
I managed to keep a bunch of my coffee table books (Remember them) but the paperbacks went to recycle. Boxes and boxes.