• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are you BCDP guys majoring in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfk

just wanted to get a feel for what most guys are majoring. i'm gonna apply some, and was wondering if i should change to an easier major from aerospace engineering for better gardes.

also, how do you get the air contract w/ this program?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm a Finance major, I think I had a 3.3 when I applied (turned in the first round of paperwork in March or April). I got picked up for pilot.

Your major is something they look at but I wouldn't change it just for a better shot at getting in. I don't think it would help you much. Study what you want - that way you won't hate your job if for some reason the Navy doesn't take you.

The only other thing is that if you are seeking a "technical" degree you can be in BDCP for 3 years instead of 2, which means more money if you apply early.

matt6599

BDCP SNA 2007
I am going to apply I'm double majoring in mechanical and aerospace with a 3.0 and work full time you think I have shot?

apendle

Here's one you don't hear often...BS degree in Fire Protection Administration & Technology. (kind of like Public Administration with a Fire Science twist) 3.25gpa, pilot program.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
good god!!! how do you guys manage your time so well? i'm stuck in a community college right now and i'm trying to get 3.2, BARELY. i think i have something like a 2.8 or something right now, and i need someone to help me with my time management, b/c i have got to pick it up or i won't be able to apply for any of the scholarship programs. help me~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.