• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Westboro Baptist Church, masters of public idiocy, to protest in Corpus

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
I dont know if its been brought up already but a documentary called "The Most Hated Family in America," is about them and its not boring. An english guy is with them for like a month all the time very confused at how they rationalize their activities.

The funniest part about that doc (The English dude's name is Louis Theroux and he's quite the ballsy journalist in my opinion...) is that after it was released, Westboro basically flamed him along with their usual list of targets. I still maintain that the only thing Michael Moore ever did right in the film industry was follow Fred Phelps around for a while in a big pink bus full of gay strippers.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dont know if its been brought up already but a documentary called "The Most Hated Family in America," is about them and its not boring. An english guy is with them for like a month all the time very confused at how they rationalize their activities.

I saw it, very interesting. The one positive thing I took from the whole documentary is that all the children in the Phelps family (at least the ones in their teens/early adulthood) are so caught up in protesting that none of them are interested in dating, ergo, they won't breed.

BigRed389

None
I saw it, very interesting. The one positive thing I took from the whole documentary is that all the children in the Phelps family (at least the ones in their teens/early adulthood) are so caught up in protesting that none of them are interested in dating, ergo, they won't breed.

They'll inbreed.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
For those of you in the Pax River area...

http://somd.com/news/headlines/2010/12807.shtml

CALIFORNIA, Md. (November 13, 2010)—Westboro Baptist Church has stated plans to protest at the funeral and subsequent ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery for fallen Marine, 19-year-old Lance Cpl. Terry Honeycutt, Jr. Monday in La Plata.

If you would like to show your support for the family...

http://www.newlifelaplata.org/

New Life Church would like to request the presence of as many people as possible to line the front of the New Life Church property and the front grassy area with participants carrying American flags on Monday before and after the funeral (500 American flags will be provided).

I'll be there.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Hopefully the Patriot Guard will be there.

EDIT: PGR has confirmed their mission to ride in support of the family. No better group of riders to have supporting the funeral and the family of the deceased, IMHO.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
Hopefully the Patriot Guard will be there.

EDIT: PGR has confirmed their mission to ride in support of the family. No better group of riders to have supporting the funeral and the family of the deceased, IMHO.

Yep, they were there in force.

Along with about 3000 citizens waving flags.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Yep, they were there in force.

Along with about 3000 citizens waving flags.

Always impressive to see a ride by the Guard. Even better if you can see it riding with the group.

Also an impressive turnout by the town. Good to know that people appreciate real heroes.